Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
yep bruce IS the voice of iron maiden. he has the intensity, emotion, power, vocal range, everything. but i decided to vote for adrian, dont ask me why...(shhh im just tryin to make friends with the adrian smith worshippers here [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Blaze Bayley down----->Sucks live..Listen to The Evil That Men Do--->Sucks [/quote]

Blaze doesn't suck live(just listen to As Live As It Gets), he is just as bad when singing «Bruce's» songs(with a few exception==>AtSS) as Bruce is when singing «Blaze's» songs.

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+Feb 21 2005, 09:24 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ Feb 21 2005, 09:24 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Bruce is the best vocalist.Sings better live than on the albums.
Paul Di'Anno second---->He was a punk influenced vocalist. but now all he do is to roar.
Blaze Bayley down----->Sucks live..Listen to The Evil That Men Do--->Sucks
[snapback]98319[/snapback]​
[/quote]
True: Bruce is the best followed by Di'Anno. I hear Futureal live by Bruce on the Best of B-Sides and no way theres other singer like him, sound better than Blaze.

--------
This caps lock removing edit courtesy LooseCannon

Bruce Dickinson. I like Blaze too... but I don't like Di'Anno (his voice)

Who is Paul Mario Dain Mario and Dennis Wilcock? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

1. Bruce
2. Paul
3. Adrian
4. Blaze

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bruce just because i think he is the voice of iron maiden. Paul Di'anno was a close second just because the first album i got was killers.

Like almost everybody : Bruce

Iron Maiden wouldn't be the same without him

bruce hands down....he is the only one who can bring out the full potential in maiden and he is the only one who makes maiden complete. he may not sound too well live but thats because hes out of energy and breath running around stage and working the crowd being the singer is not only about singing but about being able to manipulate the crowds and bruce takes the cake there......oh....and blaze sucks hands down.... rock on!

Folks, can we PLEASE cut out the Blaze-bashing? If you don't like his singing, that's fine. Expressing your opinion is what this thread is all about. However, phrases like "blaze sucks hands down" are more than a little harsh (not to mention improperly capitalized).

There must be some decent way to state your opinion. Here's an example: "I don't like Blaze's singing". That's not Blaze-bashing; that's a statement of fact about your opinion.

Note: the above is only an example. I personally do like Blaze's singing.

Finally, this poll is supposed to be serious ... so I've gone through the thread, counted up the posted votes and adjusted the poll. My apologies to the die-hard fans of Paul Day - both of them. To those whose votes have been erased - tough luck, you shoulda posted about your vote!

I agree. I get so tired of people saying crap about Blaze. I personally think he is a really good singer, my favourite after Bruce and I think that the albums Iron Maiden released with him were among their best material.

Lay off Blaze!

Bruce is great! He is the best heavy metal vocalist there is.

Be serious. Bruce is the voice of Iron Maiden.

Paul : Just because he is agressive and raw, that doesn't make him a good singer. He's got feeling but there is more to Maiden than this.

Blaze : I'm not saying he's a bad singer but not for Maiden. His style is miles away from the vintage Maiden sound. I think the Blaze years were not good for Maiden but I'm not putting the blame on him. The people who hired him (band and management) are responsible. But in the end, with the return of Bruce and Adrian it makes us appreciate it more. I don't wanna bash him but have you ever heard him singin' 2 minutes, The trooper and hallowed be thy name live ? Painful !!!

Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the wall ?

[!--QuoteBegin-JFL 666+Jun 21 2005, 05:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JFL 666 @ Jun 21 2005, 05:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]have you ever heard him singin' 2 minutes, The trooper and hallowed be thy name live ? Painful !!!
[snapback]109367[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Just as painful as Bruce singing Sign of the Cross, Futureal, and Lord of the Flies?

I love this topic [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bruce is the best singer, but back in the early days Paul Di'Anno was quite good too.

Blaze came in the wrong band, but it gave him publicity for his own stuff too. Maiden could have done hallowed.. and those songs in a lower scale..so Blaze was able too sing them, but they did't and he did not hit the right tones, i feel sorry for him when i hear the bootlegs...because he is a good singer

At first I didn't notice much difference between Blaze and Bruce, but I like Bruce just cause he was/is the guy singing all my favorites.

[!--QuoteBegin-IronSauron+Jun 26 2005, 06:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronSauron @ Jun 26 2005, 06:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]At first I didn't notice much difference between Blaze and Bruce...
[snapback]109999[/snapback]​
[/quote]

"Didn't notice much difference" ? You must be joking...

Back