DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Took my son to Comicpalooza in Houston back in May and bought this poster:

4-m4nSXQGb1dW-Z4MgICkvJZZ5151oi-FgP-U8oxhAVUIbwCNgxCgKcbcKitZYva4BpZLyfObUnA72XxIfiWS3X-vRm8_Xw3b0nu-p_h4-ZSibn8gyUjevvjz9beZ4yDUqhd5fEVGI5Gf69IobLPK60pUHvmH5oSYP5Z8bzUKgi5noNgY69sJGa4s0t5B6BHxolA6j2e12koSUO8Esvet8Ns2O8gE06U_0GaURWZ8gHzwnaY5NZx8hbjonAN0m83v8ocfd-SDH6IaoRtdcECH_q5U3loqnhR30vHSO4PwqbG6u3k-J5EyTodWd_0VRP-WZKzS3mU1gGkI8SVzvUPASnYmpgFTG6kV3KV4IFN3LKd1SMpep3LAjYgru6JsVmKg6tBc_TdtWgOa8j0pp6zFkz2n4sFFqQ39EwYP_aO0Lq7pNtKcXuhEeWagctm5IosdxvtOB_IZhjLEjH9IXYL4C-Cnbt_tK8Uf_r8WK1ZcqCCsH3MuDdJ5qvMrdSPclaSeNWiIcYwlujOQRXjGbeNqTw0lHP1IdMvMxpsBwx29M14-iihv3BjwxIS5W5sGf_E-fuSKuxyGCXUO2YkwmJ6bm1CbotM4FyXGJ_SiFUhsPoew1Kv=w532-h709-no

Just saw the Extended Cut of Green Lantern on Blu-Ray. The long intro, which shows in detail the death of Hal's test pilot father, did well in establishing the childhood link of Hal, Carol, & Hector. Except for the unfortunate and terrible performance of the humorous Ryan Reynolds, I enjoyed the film. It was VERY faithful to the comic origin and the special effects were perfect. Giving Carol the pilot call name of "Sapphire" and Sinestro putting on the yellow ring, as well as introducing Amanda Waller, really laid groundwork for future films, but it was not meant to be (at the time).

We'll just have to wait until JL to see if GL does make his rumored appearance and how good the GL Corps film is going to be...

"improvements" is a rough term. Some of it is good, some of it is bad, none of it saves the sinking ship.

Not interested in the extended version. That movie needed trimming, not more layers.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-will-not-direct-1201971566/

What the hell, DC? WB is in such a deep trouble with this universe... Affleck's Batman was destined to succeed in my opinion, so the fact they let this happen is beyond me. Yeah, yeah, he's still starring and producing, but a Batman directed by Affleck - that would be something. To me it looks like the studio is still trying to be in control over everything, but that's just suspicion.

Just watched pilot for Powerless on NBC. God that was painful to watch. Won't subject myself to that again.

Swamp Thing artist and creator Bernie Wrightston has died. Swamp Thing should be in the upcoming live action film Dark Universe based on Justice League Dark. It is a team up of the supernatural characters in DC. The animated version through the DCAU is out now called Justice League Dark.

Remember in Swamp Thing (vol 1) #7 when he met Batman. It was one of the coolest versions of Batman I had seen. What an artist...

Trailer is really well put together which means the movie will probably suck. I immediately saw a lot of potential problems.

I'm not too impressed. Trailer looks like BvS 2 with more jokes. Friggin' Zack Snyder. Also Batman got all the cool lines again.

Just saw a very thrilling season finale of Supergirl.
It started with her and Superman beating the crap out of each other! Then the two of them with Jonn Jones & Ms Martian vs the Daxamites. Really enjoyable!

Can someone explain why the director makes that much of a difference when they're in post? What is Whedon going to be doing?

Back