DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mosh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Like Suicide Squad, I’m skipping it.

2. Night Prowler

Night Prowler CriedWhenBazzaSued Staff Member

Wow, really? Do you mean completely or you're just gonna wait for BluRay/DVD?

3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Not sure, I still haven’t seen Suicide Squad but Justice League at least has Batman and Wonder Woman so I might catch it on dvd for them. I read your review and it sounds pretty much like what I expected.

4. Night Prowler

Fair enough. I wouldn't have seen it in cinema either if the prices were as high as they are in USA, considering the quality of the previous movies.

Incentive I also have is that the cinema gives out bonus membership points if you see all 5 superhero movies released this year, and later I can exchange those points for drinks/snacks in the cinema :p

5. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

6. Night Prowler

I watched TDKR for the first time since it was released and man... Bane's death was so disappointing. All that buildup only for it to be revealed that he was Talia's little bitch, then he gets killed by a motorcycle and no one mentions him again.

7. terrell39

My son & I will be rewatching TDK Nolan trilogy 1 film a Friday for the next 3 Fridays. Been years...

8. terrell39

Trailers for 2 VERY different films

Aquaman directed by James Wan (my hero from the Conjuring & Insidious series)

Shazam! Basically Big meets Superman

9. terrell39

NP - Remy Zero: Save Me

Any Smallville fans out there?

10. terrell39

Not a DC film, but the premise is so close I'm surprised DC's lawyers aren't having a field day. Premise is Superman's origin if he was evil as soon as his powers developed and never became a hero. A horror version of the Superman story (without using the title Superman)

Onhell likes this.
  11. terrell39

Took my family to see Aquaman today on my son's birthday and we loved it! Absolutely criminal if it is not nominated for Best Visual Effects! Most of the theater was applauding when it was over. Btw, there is a mid-credits scene.

1. Seeing how Arthur gets his classic costume (armor in this case) was cool.
    2. Love how James Wan worked in Jules Verne by showing an island/ocean at the Earth's core
    3. Amber Heard (a fellow Texan) is a scene stealer! :wub:
    4. Anybody else recognize the actor who played Arthur's dad when he's older as Jango Fett from Star Wars Ep 2?
    5. Aquaman riding the Seahorse during the last battle was cool
    6. Speaking of the last battle, God it was amazing! Can't say enough about the visuals in this film!
    7. When Arthur was about to fight Orm the 1st time, Arthur should have said "You want to fight the surface world? My "friends (Justice League) and I defeated Steppenwolf...who the hell are you compared to him?"
    8. Soundtrack: same composer (Rupert Gregson-Williams) as Wonder Woman except the dark scene in the Trench. It was composed by the guy (Joseph Bishara) who scored The Conjuring!
    9. Black Manta was cool. Liked seeing his origin.

This is an amazing world James Wan has brought to the screen. We'll see where it goes from here

12. terrell39

13. terrell39

14. terrell39

Trailer for upcoming Joker origin film starring Joaquin Phoenix. Looks good. Just a teaser though. Too little info to form much of an opinion yet