1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mosh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

Wonder Woman has passed suicide squad worldwide box office. Only $100 m away from BvS and she hasn't even opened in Japan yet...

2. terrell39

Like to share my take on the much ridiculed "Martha" scene in BvS.

many think the reason Batman spares Superman is due to finding out their mothers share the same name. I think it is more than that and I believe there was two thoughts going through the Dark Knight's mind:

1. Bruce's Martha may be dead but Clark's can still be saved. But that is the minor motivation. I think the main thought in his mind is
    2. The moment Lois reveals Lex put Superman up to the fight by kidnapping Martha is when the World's Greatest Detective realized he had been a pawn of Lex's all along. Batman is furious at himself when he screams and throws the Kryptonite spear. He should have seen the signs. He should not have let himself be so easily manipulated. This I think is his main motivation through the rest of the film (& through SS & JL as well) is redemption.

3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

It humanized Superman to him. I still don't see the big deal with that scene, there were so many other flaws with the movie.

4. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

terrell39 likes this.
  5. terrell39

6. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

I don't believe a word he says. :p

[​IMG]

Mosh likes this.
  7. terrell39

New JL trailer. Question is...who is Alfred speaking to at the end of the trailer off camera?

some fans think it is Green Lantern but not me. Alfred mentions that Bruce told him this person would show up so that means he must be someone Bruce is already aware of...meaning Superman. So far we have been shown no proof Bruce even knows GL exists. Plus Superman is in the promo material, not GL

8. terrell39

Fans of 60's Batman tv show should appreciate this: new animated film featuring Adam West, Burt Ward, &...William Shatner?

9. terrell39

10. terrell39

11. terrell39

12. terrell39

Watched Wonder Woman Blu-Ray:

one of the Special Features is Epilogue. This is the scene that was released online a month ago that was not shown in theaters. It links the film to JL. Should have been a mid or end credits scene IMO.

I matched up most of the tracks on the soundtrack to which part of the movie they are in. One that puzzled me is called Faust. I knew it was during the gala but I did not know why it was called Faust. Then I turned the captions on. When the woman in the blue dress speaks off camera to Diana (who Diana will steal the dress from), it is revealed her name is Faust. Only two tracks I have not been able to match up to the film: Angel on the Wing and Action Reaction.

When WW first released, some critics compared it to Captain America The First Avenger (WW is far better). This is ironic because Steve Trevor is DC's version of CA, only without the outfit or powers.

13. terrell39

Just watched Superman the Movie: the extended cut. 40 (!) minutes of footage not shown in theatrical version. Plenty of extra scenes and banter between Lex, Otis, & Ms. Tesmacher. Also a small sub plot shown during the California earthquake about the dam keeping water from a Native American reservation. Enjoyed the extra footage of Krypton; helps better explain the Phantom Zone.

14. terrell39

New JL trailer! Some were afraid the trailer might reveal how Superman returns. Of course, it wisely does not.

15. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Hmm. I saw a JL trailer tonight and it was completely and utterly different to this.

16. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I'm also avoiding all JL trailers, just in case. They spoiled the entire BvS movie in trailers.

terrell39 likes this.
  17. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I'm not really sold on Justice League but I have some siblings who want to see it so I'll probably go anyway. So far I'm expecting it to be a mess like BVS.