Coronavirus

Politics are thinking in the economy and travels, hotels, to raise the economy again but when the most of people have received the vaccine it doesn't mean that we're safe, we'll have to wear masks and be careful with the distances and all of that measures we had from the beginning of the virus. the vaccine means that if we have covid it will be less dangerous but we're not safe of take it. And there's no scientific studies about the new variants and how the vaccines will fight against them.

So, six weeks after Christmas, the case numbers in Ottawa are back where they were on Christmas Eve. All because the local government was too afraid to lock us down in advance of Christmas. I wonder how many people died as a result.

On a more positive note, the local press has reported that an Auschwitz survivor who lives not far from here has got her jab in the same arm where she has her concentration camp tattoo:

A Czech engineer who recently joined the project I'm currently working in, has been in isolation for a week or so, tested positive for covid on Friday. His girlfriend too. But they, and most of Czechia as far as I understand, are already in a rather strict lockdown already. He told us that he was pretty ill (like a bad flu) for some days but that the remaining symptoms (fatigue, lack of taste and smell) are not going away fast.

Meanwhile in Norway - our second largest city Bergen goes into the strictest level again. It seems certain we won't have normality before a significant part of the population has been vaccinated.

On the list to get the vaccine ... really glad I live in the county I live in. They are operating vaccines like a well oiled machine .. unlike Dallas county which is a total clusterfuck (long lines, sending the wrong times to people and having too many showing up waiting in line in the cold for hours and then they run out).

Denton County is using the Texas Motor Speedway, our neighbor got her vaccine, she never got out of her car and was done in a half hour (15 mins of which was them making sure she did not have a reaction to the shot).

Added bonus, I get to drive on the race track, sounds like they do registration on one section of the track, you drive to the next section and get the shot, drive to the 3rd section where they watch you for 15 minutes to make sure there are no reactions, then you leave.

From the email I got today, looking like my number will come up sometime in March exactly when depends on how many doses the county gets.

The Boyfriend and me just now, discussing the pros and cons of the various vaccines:
Him: "What we really need is a Covid variant that will get through the entire population in about four days and have no symptoms except a mild dose of flatulence. When you can fart the National Anthem backwards you're immune."
Me: "Well that should help with social distancing!"
:lol:

The Boyfriend and me just now, discussing the pros and cons of the various vaccines:
Him: "What we really need is a Covid variant that will get through the entire population in about four days and have no symptoms except a mild dose of flatulence. When you can fart the National Anthem backwards you're immune."
Me: "Well that should help with social distancing!"
:lol:
But, did you factor in

A cleric in the Iranian regime told his followers that the COVID-19 vaccination turns people into “homosexuals,” which is punishable by death in Iran.

Ayatollah Abbas Tabrizian made the outrageous claims Tuesday on the social media platform Telegram, according to the Jerusalem Post.

“Don’t go near those who have had the COVID vaccine,” the radical Islamist wrote to his nearly 210,000 followers. “They have become homosexuals.”

Tabrizian, who lives in the religious capital of Qom and whose followers refer to him as ayatollah, has a history of promoting bigotry and false information about Western medicine.

There's supposed to be a work team meeting irl in a bar soon.

I'm torn between wanting to see everyone, socializing and not having to look at their party pics through Whatsapp while home alone, and not getting infected with Coronavirus.

A356jiI.gif

Hazmat suit?

Office evacuated again today. It could just be coincidence, but it was the same department as before, most of them have come back after isolating for a week or so. Perhaps not long enough?

We got a questionnaire yesterday regarding a return to the office one day.

1st question was choosing between options like "I feel it's safe to come back" and "Its too soon and we should continue working from home" (chose the 2nd option as we're still having 1000+ infected every day despite vaccinations).

2nd question was, if COVID was not a risk anymore, I would choose to:
  1. continue working from home
  2. continue working from home and visit the office once every once in a while
  3. work 2-3 days per week from the office and the rest from home
  4. work 5 days per week in the office
  5. I don't have an opinion

I chose the 3rd option so as not to corner myself, but would be fine with the 4th one too.

Ideally I would like to work from home on Mondays, and the rest at the office. I fucking hate Mondays.

Ah, 'blended working'. We think that's going to be permanent at my workplace. Most people really like it.

I'd love the option of a variation on option 3: morning at home/afternoon in work, eat your lunch at home and have no rush hour on the way in and still get the benefit of getting out of the house

That works at my place and I know one member of staff who does that. We have shifts running up to 8pm. Anyone who wants to do the graveyard shift is popular because everyone else would rather start at 8am, 7.30am if they're allowed.

We've been on the "until further notice" since the end of September but so far in 2021 it's been a week or two at a time. So I'm actually happy they gave us a bit more predictability this time around.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much though, I fully expect to be working from home until the summer.

Back