Coronavirus

Disclaimer: if it was not clear enough I would say it again: I dislike the Tories with a passion and cannot wait to see Keir Starmer as Prime Minister
But knowing what the Labour Party have been like for the last decade they'll probably manage to find new and exciting ways to fuck up the 2024 General Election. But let's discuss that in 4 years. :p

But knowing what the Labour Party have been like for the last decade they'll probably manage to find new and exciting ways to fuck up the 2024 General Election. But let's discuss that in 4 years. :p

Could well be the case and if that is the case your future could look even grimmer than it currently does. At least I (and my family) have dual citizenship and can still enjoy freedom of movement in the EU. As a Scotsman you are stuffed by just having one citizenship, i.e. British. :yes:

I'm happy with this one. There won't be many people left here soon anyway so there will be plenty of space. :)

Even if most people outside of the UK think you are English? :lol: Anyway, the death rate is not that high to justify having plenty of space for whatever you might have planned. ;)

Scotland will be back in the EU soon enough

Fat (not a reference to Alex Salmond) chance! Scotland will never be a member of the EU. Spain and France would veto that as accepting Scotland as a nation would open the door to doing the same with the Basque Country and Catalonia. ;)

P.S. I'll have a Basque passport before @Black Wizard has a Scottish one.

Last edited:
The alternative medicine ministry in India has been promoting homeopathic medicines to "increase immunity" against the coronavirus.

...My family bought them.

Unfortunately, my family believes in homeopathy because one member who is a doctor keeps pushing it. It's the one thing where everybody is serious about scorning media reports exposing it, and where any attempt at rational discussion is pointless.

I'm just glad it's not vaccines, Illuminati or chemtrails. There is a bit of all these things, but I can usually convince my family members about the truth of it for the duration of two or three conversations, and they "aren't really serious about it anyway".

Was nice knowing you.
We're still keeping up all the other safety measures - they intend this to be a "supplement". Anyway, given that homeopathy is pretty much useless in these cases, it won't make a difference one way or the other.

Unfortunately, my family believes in homeopathy
So does mine, but for different reasons. My parents claim they only took homeopathic remedies when they were young.

And that is why we would have to wait until next year to know the real death rate. Many of those deaths might not be caused by Covid-19 directly but indirectly: I have colleagues working in hospitals surprised by the drop in patients in A&E with heart attacks. Too worried about going to hospital they probably have died at home. :(
It's possible, but it's also possible that a lot more deaths are directly caused by Covid-19, but it's not documented or tested. I was quite surprised when a relative who died of pneumonia in March wasn't tested, not least to help safeguard other care home residents. We're almost certain no test took place as a family member was at the care home when she died, and she was taken away by the funeral directors immediately after the doctor pronounced her dead. This was shortly before lockdown, but in the circumstances, it would have made sense to have routine testing in deaths caused by pneumonia.

Back