Coronavirus

Has anyone else noticed young children really getting fat over the past few weeks? I get that they're probably not doing much exercise, but what the heck are their families feeding them?

Has anyone else noticed young children really getting fat over the past few weeks? I get that they're probably not doing much exercise, but what the heck are their families feeding them?

Lack of exercise would definitely be a contributing factor, but also feeding your kids unhealthy food during lockdown could be an answer.

The ones that are definitely not getting any fatter are those in more need that have not been getting any food as a result of the shambolic vouchers scheme implemented by the government for the families on free school meals:

Last edited:
I got fat due to the lack of exercise, but I've stabalized. I've reached peak quarantine fatness and I'm ok with that. My body has gotten used to less movement and I don't get as hungry as in the early parts of this pandemic, which has led to smaller meals and no snacking. We still walk to the store and butcher about three times a week and we take the dogs with us to get a little exercise. In fact, gotta call the vet today to see if they're even doing vaccines.

The most cases are in the three countries "incidentally" led by the biggest liars and deniers.

Thought Sweden had the highest number of cases per capita due to its "Let it all sort itself out" approach.

Thought Sweden had the highest number of cases per capita due to its "Let it all sort itself out" approach.
tenor.gif

I'm so happy that there's a gif for this. :)

Not to mention Belgium topping the number of deaths per 100000 inhabitants (if we exclude San Marino).

Apparently there are over 20000 deaths over the seasonal average in Italy that have not been labelled as coronavirus-related. A similar thing is happening in Spain and, I bet, most western countries.

Bottom line is Boris Johnson is a worthless piece of shit, but that has not made the impact of the virus that much worse than in other European countries Badly affected but with more worthy Prime Ministers/Presidents.

Disclaimer: if it was not clear enough I would say it again: I dislike the Tories with a passion and cannot wait to see Keir Starmer as Prime Minister. :)

Wow, that Belgian figure is a shocker, there's no other country within an asses roar of them.

France is pretty bad too in terms of "case - fatality", is there any reason why the francophone countries have such a high fatality rate or is that just a coincidence?

Coincidence or something to do with the way deaths are recorded or the way the virus has been managed locally.

The number of deaths above seasonal average in the UK is something like 54,000, while the official coronavirus death statistics account for 36,600.

Coincidence or something to do with the way deaths are recorded or the way the virus has been managed locally.

The number of deaths above seasonal average in the UK is something like 54,000, while the official coronavirus death statistics account for 36,600.

And that is why we would have to wait until next year to know the real death rate. Many of those deaths might not be caused by Covid-19 directly but indirectly: I have colleagues working in hospitals surprised by the drop in patients in A&E with heart attacks. Too worried about going to hospital they probably have died at home. :(

Canada's deaths vs. expected (excluding COVID-19) is actually down, which means we are probably accurately reporting the figures compared to the USA and UK where there are tens of thousands of deaths above expected.

Back