Coronavirus

I just received four emails in quick succession on the subject of Covid-19/coronavirus. I especially love the one from Sainsburys - it basically translates as "stop panic-buying handwash and bog roll!"

YouTube's recommendation algorithm is apparently pushing Virus to people on the frontpage, myself included. It's kind of amusing. Too bad I can't say the same about the song itself, though.

A new report claims 'Murica wants a German company to make a Corona vaccine exclusive for the US. I think they should do that, brag about it and watch how no country in the world wants to do business with their stupid country anymore.

The United States has recruited German scientists before...

giphy.gif

Everything but pharmacies, banks, food shops and petrol pumps closed after midnight in Slovenia.
They finally stopped the public transport too...

Meanwhile Donnie has fucked it and USA is on the same road as Italy statistically.

Everything but pharmacies, food shops and petrol pumps closed after midnight in Slovenia.
They finally stopped the public transport too...
Get yourself home soon!
Meanwhile Donnie has fucked it and USA is on the same road as Italy statistically.
I didn't see that, but it's probably a witch hunt. The biggest witch hunt ever, probably in history, but definitely ever.

We're up to 1372 cases and 35 deaths. Tomorrow or Tuesday we'll reach 2000 cases. At least they're finding the people who are infected. Over 70s are to be asked to stay at home because the risk to them is so much greater than the rest of the population. I was out earlier and saw some people who are certainly over 70 around. That set alarm bells off in my head. Shops are struggling to keep up with the demand for soap, toilet paper, kitchen roll, various cleaning products, tinned foods and dry pasta. I've been buying things strategically and preparing my flat to be more live-able should I have to work from home or the country goes into lockdown. For example, today I got a blender so I can make smoothies. However, it will likely become difficult to get various fruits as the situation deteriorates further globally. ::)

I'm feeling quite tense with the sense of impending doom and not knowing what's going to happen next. All I can really do is prepare as best I can.

I guess no one ducked it up more than Italy and UK yet.
You mean US?

Get yourself home soon!

I'm home hehehe. I'll get through this with a car.

I didn't see that, but it's probably a witch hunt. The biggest witch hunt ever, probably in history, but definitely ever.

1584291636822.png

It's the same exponential growth. Donnie has really fucked it. USA is expected to be on the same number as Italy or even worse on the 25th and California alone on the 1st of April. That's 16 days for Cali.

Also, media is reporting that Spain might be 2nd worst affected, but looking at Death/Recovered ratio, i think France might be even worse.

Last edited:
Not to play Nostradamus, but I feel like United States will end up with the highest number of deaths. They are unprepared, underequipped, the public don't appear to take it as seriously as they should and they have a lot of people.

Not to play Nostradamus, but I feel like United States will end up with the highest number of deaths. They are unprepared, underequipped, the public don't appear to take it as seriously as they should and they have a lot of people.

I have the same feeling. Just checked the numbers.. They are accurate. USA is even worse now. It's 3000+ .

It's the same exponential growth. Donnie has really fucked it. USA is expected to be on the same number as Italy or even worse on the 25th and California alone on the 1st of April. That's 16 days for Cali.
And what we have to remember for the US is that they haven't been actively testing because, as The Flash aludes to, they are underequipped with barely any testing kits.
And it's all Obama's fault apparently.

Some of my former colleagues live in the US now, and there's a couple of people in Spain too. I hope things are OK for them.

I'm not convinced they *are* finding all the infected people in the UK. There was an estimate the other day of 5,000 to 10,000, but they don't really know that. Current advice if you have symptoms is to stay at home, self isolate and not pester 111 or the 'pod' at your local hospital trying to get a test. Testing is mostly going to be for people who are hospitalised or who do approach the hospital pod. So a lot of cases are going to go uncharted.

I'm not convinced they *are* finding all the infected people in the UK. There was an estimate the other day of 5,000 to 10,000, but they don't really know that. Current advice if you have symptoms is to stay at home, self isolate and not pester 111 or the 'pod' at your local hospital trying to get a test. Testing is mostly going to be for people who are hospitalised or who do approach the hospital pod. So a lot of cases are going to go uncharted.
Correct me please, but in Polish media was information that UK gov. Want to only hospitalize patients who are in very bad condition, other than that it's free for all. So how bad is situation over there in terms of actions taken by gov.? People in my country are little bit scared because over 18,000 want to go back to Poland from UK and Germany during this epidemy.

It's the same around the world, I believe. You can assume how thorough testing is via Death/Recovered ratio. And from that, France, UK and USA don't look good. At all.

Spain and Germany's numbers look better.

Correct me please, but in Polish media was information that UK gov. Want to only hospitalize patients who are in very bad condition, other than that it's free for all. So how bad is situation over there in terms of actions taken by gov.? People in my country are little bit scared because over 18,000 want to go back to Poland from UK and Germany during this epidemy.
You would only be admitted to hospital if you actually needed medical care (eg be put on a ventilator). Because so many people are expected to have mild to moderate flu-like illness, they would only be admitted to hospital if their condition deteriorated or their illness went on too long. Actions taken by the government are mainly advice, stopping of sports events, and some talk about isolating the over-70s long term, encouraging home working and possibly stricter restrictions when they feel the infection rate is at its peak. At the moment, the figures are pretty low, although the mortality rate has gone up quite a bit, but both the confirmed infections and number of deaths is increasing by a greater amount daily

It's the same around the world, I believe. You can assume how thorough testing is via Death/Recovered ratio. And from that, France, UK and USA don't look good. At all.

Spain and Germany's numbers look better.
I'd like it but you're wrong. We're close to 8000 cases and 300 deaths. I think we're going to pass South Corea very soon.

I didn't mean that all the cases are being found, just that some of them are. Bear in mind that some people are convalescing at home, e.g. Mikel Arteta, if their symptoms aren't too severe. Yesterday I heard Professor Jason Leitch, the National Clinical Director for the Scottish Government, on Radio Scotland giving advice on hygiene and answering listeners' questions. He said that a lot of cases will never be recorded because some people only show mild symptoms similar to the common cold or even none at all. They can still pass it on even without knowing they've been infected.

EDIT: Here is Prof Letich here (by the way, some of you might struggle a bit with the accents and the niche humour):

Back