Coronavirus

Even the small shops are running out now.
This is actually true here too. I forgot to mention I went to a local store (for toilet paper, I actually needed some) and they were out.

Also Spokane has confirmed 3 cases. It's spreading.

I went to the big store today (to buy more beer) and man oh man the panic sure struck us Finns good. I was running low on tissue paper but the whole shelf was empty. No tissues, no toilet paper, no paper towels, nothing. Carbonated water was unusually low too, as were muesli and cereal. The bread shelves were pretty well emptied out too, except for the local bakeries who probably restocked today. Didn't check the meat or canned goods section since I didn't need anything from there, but the milk shelf was probably a bit more empty too.

On a positive note the store itself was more quiet than usual so at least people aren't wasting time at public, highly contagious locations browsing for shit they don't need like usual. All of my uni courses cancelled their classes for the time being and went online only so I'm kind of wondering what the hell will I actually do next week. The city hasn't closed its gyms down (yet) and I imagine it'll be pretty empty so maybe I'll finally get off my ass and use my gym card next week. We'll see.

Poland: according to prime minister we have 13 patients who recovered. 10 minutes after his press conference we had 10 new cases and 1 death.

All deceased patients are 50+

Spain is set to go into national lockdown for 15 days. People will only be allowed to go outside for emergencies, to buy food or to go to work. Hold on 7th_One. You can get through this. Keep your neighbours entertained with Iron Maiden songs.

Apparently gatherings of more than 500 people will be banned from next weekend. I don't know how long for though.

Covid-19 deaths up to 3 in Norway. Today, it was decided that airports will more or less close on Monday, 08:00 - however, measures will be taken to make sure Norwegian citizens who wish to return home can do so.

I wonder if the strict measures came in time to keep us away from an Italy-like scenario.

A friend of mine told me that Spain is seriously panicking and that Madrid is basically on a standstill. At least that's what I remember from his slightly chaotic description (a Spaniard - you know). Can you confirm?
.".A spaniard-you know..."

:applause:
Why don't you just BAN coronavirus from the forum?.

Covid-19 deaths up to 3 in Norway. Today, it was decided that airports will more or less close on Monday, 08:00 - however, measures will be taken to make sure Norwegian citizens who wish to return home can do so.

I wonder if the strict measures came in time to keep us away from an Italy-like scenario.
Italy's scenario is quite specific. The returnees from China came home indirectly - which the Italian government hadn't taken into account - to the most densely and highly populated part of the country. Italy also has the oldest population in Europe (see below, % of population above 65) and families stay very close with people still living with their elderly parents.

1584212176262.png

So considering the demographics it's not really surprising how the virus has spread through Italy. Most other countries around Europe took this seriously earlier than Italy did too, so the increase in Norwegian cases might be slower. It's interesting that Ireland has one of the youngest populations in Europe. Either it used to have terrible healthcare for the elderly or the Catholics just can't stop making babies.

Once Italy emerges from this crisis the medical staff won't have much a break. At the end of the year they'll need more maternity wards.

It's interesting that Ireland has one of the youngest populations in Europe. Either it used to have terrible healthcare for the elderly or the Catholics just can't stop making babies.
We had to outbreed the Protestants so we could liberate our country from the shackles of British oppression through democratic means. Although not yet liberated, we aren't quite so arsed about that these days so I expect that demographic to change. And probably shite health care, too.

Italy's scenario is quite specific. The returnees from China came home indirectly - which the Italian government hadn't taken into account - to the most densely and highly populated part of the country. Italy also has the oldest population in Europe (see below, % of population above 65) and families stay very close with people still living with their elderly parents.

View attachment 11558

So considering the demographics it's not really surprising how the virus has spread through Italy. Most other countries around Europe took this seriously earlier than Italy did too, so the increase in Norwegian cases might be slower. It's interesting that Ireland has one of the youngest populations in Europe. Either it used to have terrible healthcare for the elderly or the Catholics just can't stop making babies.

Once Italy emerges from this crisis the medical staff won't have much a break. At the end of the year they'll need more maternity wards.

I might add that their culture bases on personal contacts. They were also the first ones. Italy was a kind of perfect storm.

There's always been a culture of emigration. People fuck off before they get old.
...unless they’re businesses who want a tax haven, in which case they “fuck on” and do a reverse takeover so they’re now based in Ireland.

Spain is set to go into national lockdown for 15 days. People will only be allowed to go outside for emergencies, to buy food or to go to work. Hold on 7th_One. You can get through this. Keep your neighbours entertained with Iron Maiden songs.

Apparently gatherings of more than 500 people will be banned from next weekend. I don't know how long for though.
…go to work to get infected (excuse me, it's paranoid point of view :lol: )

It seems now that virus is starting to spread more in Poland. No new cases but till Friday all infected were earlier in Italy or Germany. Now we have sick people in hospitals that didn't travel outside of the country and they also don't know currently infected, which mean that there are more people who spread this.

One of the patients had only two symptoms for two- three days, fever and sore throat, there are gone for days but he's still infected and he can still infect others. No coughing and no problems with breathing.

Last edited:
Back