Change some of the Maiden setlists

Ah, so if I understand this correctly, it's to keep the actual number of songs from the tour setlist itself, but change the songs depending on what you would have liked to see instead? Well, if so...this is gonna be interesting. I'm gonna start with a specific example...

Maiden England 2012-2013

So, there's 17 songs in the setlist. And honestly...it's already pretty good. But I'm gonna try and see if I can improve it.

1: Moonchild (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
It doesn't make much sense not to include this one, it's a 100% lock.
2: Infinite Dreams (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
Yes, have this one second to follow with the flow of the album. Besides, this is THE song everyone was complaining about the Maiden England setlist for. Not including it would be kinda heresy in some way.
3: Flight of Icarus (from Piece of Mind)
Now, let's divert massively. This one was really cool to see back on the Legacy of the Beast tour setlist so I kinda want it here as well. After two Seventh Son tracks, this should work fine as a more audience favourite without it being one of those super-classics. This does mean The Prisoner is out of play. Sorry, Prisoner fans.
4: 2 Minutes To Midnight (from Powerslave)
Okay, now this one may make some people cringe a bit, but I really adore this one and there are times when I think it's the best Maiden track ever. So, I had to include it. Plus after three fantasy-based songs, a decidedly more grounded track should be just fine.
5: Killers (from Killers)
Let's return to the old Maiden England set from 30 years ago for a bit. This one has been sorely missed for a long while and I would love to see it back. And it of course fits with the Maiden England set.
6: The Trooper (from Piece of Mind)
Well, this one should be super obvious. It's one of their main live calling cards and still one of their best live songs and best songs ever. I don't think anyone complains about this one.
7: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
Let's place this one around the middle of the set to be a show-stopping mid-setlist finale to effectively divide the setlist into two halves. Plus, we're due for the third Seventh Son song at this point. And it's the seventh song, it all makes sense.
8: Phantom of the Opera (from Iron Maiden)
This one was super cool to see live in Malmö 2013 and it's one that's not very played often. Also helps that it's a enduring fan favourite. So, including this would not upset anyone, I'm dead certain.
9: Heaven Can Wait (from Somewhere In Time)
Hooray, everyone's favourite SiT track! But honestly, this is a great live number for very easy reasons. And it was on the old Maiden England set.
10: Stranger in a Strange Land (from Somewhere In Time)
Hooray, everyone's favourite SiT track! Everyone wants this one (probably because H wrote it) and I want it too, because it fits so well with the Seventh Son aesthetic. Land of ice and snow, anyone?
11: The Clairvoyant (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
Okay, time for more Seventh Son stuff and we're at the end of the theme here. A good short rocker, this one works well, with...
12: Only The Good Die Young (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
...this one here coming up. This is the grand finale of the Seventh Son stuff and this is also when you guys freak out over me cutting Madness and Evil....and some Prophecy fans as well, perhaps. But this one was unjustly skipped over on both Maiden England tours and I think it deserves some attention. Plus, another short rocker, nice. Plus it bookends the start with Moonchild just like on the album. I see no reason why this one shouldn't work.
13: Fear of the Dark (from Fear of the Dark)
As if I could stop pretending this one isn't still gonna make it. This is still the eternal live classic. Everyone loves it live and the crowd goes crazy. Not including it would be a massive disservice to live Maiden.
14: Iron Maiden (from Iron Maiden)
Same with this one. It just can't be dropped, it's become so ingrained with Maiden's live performances that it's impossible to consider it gone. Eddie appears and everyone loves Eddie.

And that's the main set. But we've still got the three encores to go. And those three are...

15: The Number of the Beast (from The Number of the Beast)
Yeah, this one is still perfect, in my opinion and deserves to stick around.
16: Hallowed Be Thy Name (from The Number of the Beast)
Pffft, as if even I can deny this one not being featured.
17: Run to the Hills (The Number of the Beast)
No comment.

A NOTB encore, yes, but it works just as well. Anyway, please leave your thoughts on what you thought of my changed Maiden England 2012-2013 setlist! I'll surely do this for more tours!
I don’t wanna be ‘that guy’ but you may wanna proofread for spoilers....

How is that not a spoiler, LC? :eek:
The same discussion regarding ATG has happened in other threads.
It's also not a spoiler that the sun will one day go supernova - Iron Maiden never playing ATG has the same level of certainty.

Last edited:
Iron Maiden never playing ATG has the same level of certainty.
I see this as a spoiler since a considerable amount of fans were expecting the song to appear on this tour. If they were trying to avoid spoilers, you just gave away that it, in fact, didn't appear. The way I see it, this is as much of a spoiler as anything else related to this tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this as a spoiler since a considerable amount of fans were expecting the song to appear on this tour. If they were trying to avoid spoilers, you just gave away that it, in fact, didn't appear. The way I see it, this is as much of a spoiler as anything else related to this tour.
Of course it is, Number 6; but LC hates SiT.

:innocent:

I'm sure there's some logical explanation for LC's appalling lack of consistnecy in his application of the spoiler rule. At least, you'd guess there was.

Back