9. Powerslave
  10. Run To The Hills
  11. Alexander The Great
  12. Heaven Can Wait
  13. Iron Maiden
  14. Caught Somewhere In Time
  15. Wasted Years
  16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
Replace CSIT with 22AA and you have mine.

Early Days:
  1. Murders In The Rue Morgue
  2. Killers
  3. Prowler
  4. 22 Acacia Avenue
  5. Wrathchild
  6. Remember Tomorrow
  7. Run To The Hills
  8. Total Eclipse
  9. Purgatory
  10. The Number of the Beast
  11. Children of the Damned
  12. Phantom of the Opera
  13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. Running Free
  16. Drifters
  17. Sanctuary
(Piece of Mind should have been left for the SBIT tour, in my opinion...)

I will start with the No Prayer On The Road tour 1990/1991:

1.Tailgunner
2.Holy Smoke
3.Wrathchild
4.22 Acacia Avenue
5.Die With Your Boots On (or a song from the SIT album)
6.Hallowed Be Thy Name
7.Killers
8.Mother Russia
9.Prowler
10.No Prayer For The Dying
11.The Clairvoyant
12.The Trooper
13.2 Minutes To Midnight
14.Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
15.Iron Maiden
16.The Number Of The Beast
Encore:
17.Run To The Hills
18.Running Free
19.Sanctuary

If I should add another song from the NPFTD album - it would be The Assassin (on the DWYBO place)

I added more songs from the first 2 albums, because on the NPFTD album Maiden returned to the more rough sound, ''street sound'' and the songs are thematic to this change. With little changes I managed to make the setlist better, because all of the Maiden's setlists in the 90's are less exciting and predictable (though, I kept the hit songs) ! I don't add a song from the SIT album bcause it's not suits the rough sound that they have on that time (with all the synthesizers).

I would like to see Maiden to create their setlists around themes :) A simple example of that is: on TFF tour the should had played Caught Somewhere In Time, because the album theme is space and time...

They played Public Enema No 1 on that tour and it was the highlight along with DWYBO.

Ah, so if I understand this correctly, it's to keep the actual number of songs from the tour setlist itself, but change the songs depending on what you would have liked to see instead? Well, if so...this is gonna be interesting. I'm gonna start with a specific example...

So, there's 17 songs in the setlist. And honestly...it's already pretty good. But I'm gonna try and see if I can improve it.

1: Moonchild (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
It doesn't make much sense not to include this one, it's a 100% lock.
2: Infinite Dreams (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
Yes, have this one second to follow with the flow of the album. Besides, this is THE song everyone was complaining about the Maiden England setlist for. Not including it would be kinda heresy in some way.
3: Flight of Icarus (from Piece of Mind)
Now, let's divert massively. This one was really cool to see back on the Legacy of the Beast tour setlist so I kinda want it here as well. After two Seventh Son tracks, this should work fine as a more audience favourite without it being one of those super-classics. This does mean The Prisoner is out of play. Sorry, Prisoner fans.
4: 2 Minutes To Midnight (from Powerslave)
Okay, now this one may make some people cringe a bit, but I really adore this one and there are times when I think it's the best Maiden track ever. So, I had to include it. Plus after three fantasy-based songs, a decidedly more grounded track should be just fine.
5: Killers (from Killers)
Let's return to the old Maiden England set from 30 years ago for a bit. This one has been sorely missed for a long while and I would love to see it back. And it of course fits with the Maiden England set.
6: The Trooper (from Piece of Mind)
Well, this one should be super obvious. It's one of their main live calling cards and still one of their best live songs and best songs ever. I don't think anyone complains about this one.
7: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
Let's place this one around the middle of the set to be a show-stopping mid-setlist finale to effectively divide the setlist into two halves. Plus, we're due for the third Seventh Son song at this point. And it's the seventh song, it all makes sense.
8: Phantom of the Opera (from Iron Maiden)
This one was super cool to see live in Malmö 2013 and it's one that's not very played often. Also helps that it's a enduring fan favourite. So, including this would not upset anyone, I'm dead certain.
9: Heaven Can Wait (from Somewhere In Time)
Hooray, everyone's favourite SiT track! But honestly, this is a great live number for very easy reasons. And it was on the old Maiden England set.
10: Stranger in a Strange Land (from Somewhere In Time)
Hooray, everyone's favourite SiT track! Everyone wants this one (probably because H wrote it) and I want it too, because it fits so well with the Seventh Son aesthetic. Land of ice and snow, anyone?
11: The Clairvoyant (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
Okay, time for more Seventh Son stuff and we're at the end of the theme here. A good short rocker, this one works well, with...
12: Only The Good Die Young (from Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
...this one here coming up. This is the grand finale of the Seventh Son stuff and this is also when you guys freak out over me cutting Madness and Evil....and some Prophecy fans as well, perhaps. But this one was unjustly skipped over on both Maiden England tours and I think it deserves some attention. Plus, another short rocker, nice. Plus it bookends the start with Moonchild just like on the album. I see no reason why this one shouldn't work.
13: Fear of the Dark (from Fear of the Dark)
As if I could stop pretending this one isn't still gonna make it. This is still the eternal live classic. Everyone loves it live and the crowd goes crazy. Not including it would be a massive disservice to live Maiden.
14: Iron Maiden (from Iron Maiden)
Same with this one. It just can't be dropped, it's become so ingrained with Maiden's live performances that it's impossible to consider it gone. Eddie appears and everyone loves Eddie.

And that's the main set. But we've still got the three encores to go. And those three are...

15: The Number of the Beast (from The Number of the Beast)
Yeah, this one is still perfect, in my opinion and deserves to stick around.
16: Hallowed Be Thy Name (from The Number of the Beast)
Pffft, as if even I can deny this one not being featured.
17: Run to the Hills (The Number of the Beast)
No comment.

A NOTB encore, yes, but it works just as well. Anyway, please leave your thoughts on what you thought of my changed Maiden England 2012-2013 setlist! I'll surely do this for more tours!

Last edited:
Ah, so if I understand this correctly, it's to keep the actual number of songs from the tour setlist itself, but change the songs depending on what you would have liked to see instead? Well, if so...this is gonna be interesting. I'm gonna start with a specific example...

That's right ! :ok:

Early Days:
  1. Murders In The Rue Morgue
  2. Killers
  3. Prowler
  4. 22 Acacia Avenue
  5. Wrathchild
  6. Remember Tomorrow
  7. Run To The Hills
  8. Total Eclipse
  9. Purgatory
  10. The Number of the Beast
  11. Children of the Damned
  12. Phantom of the Opera
  13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
  14. Iron Maiden
  15. Running Free
  16. Drifters
  17. Sanctuary
(Piece of Mind should have been left for the SBIT tour, in my opinion...)

IMO, it should have been
IM, Killers, NOTB
POM, PS with NOTB tracks obviously
SIT and SSOASS together

IMO, it should have been
IM, Killers, NOTB
POM, PS with NOTB tracks obviously
SIT and SSOASS together
That would have been great, but if they wanted to call the 2008-09 tour "Somewhere Back In Time", it really would've made more sense to do something like this:

Early Days: IM, Killers, NOTB
Somewhere Back In Time: POM, Powerslave, SIT
Maiden England: Seventh Son, NPFTD, FOTD

That would have been great, but if they wanted to call the 2008-09 tour "Somewhere Back In Time", it really would've made more sense to do something like this:

Early Days: IM, Killers, NOTB
Somewhere Back In Time: POM, Powerslave, SIT
Maiden England: Seventh Son, NPFTD, FOTD

well, based on Maiden's belief that 2 songs justifies it to be a history tour (SBIT playing 2 SIT songs), then Maiden England was technically a history tour for FOTD (played 2 FOTD songs) :confused:

well, based on Maiden's belief that 2 songs justifies it to be a history tour (SBIT playing 2 SIT songs), then Maiden England was technically a history tour for FOTD (played 2 FOTD songs) :confused:
Fair point, but by removing the need to include three 7th Son songs on the SBIT setlist, that leaves room for more from SIT!

Fair point, but by removing the need to include three 7th Son songs on the SBIT setlist, that leaves room for more from SIT!

they played a total of 4 throughout the tour.... why couldn't they rotate SIT songs??? oh yeah, they'd create mass hysteria for it lol

Sounds fun to do a NPFTD setlist

1. Tailgunner
2. Public Enema No. 1
3. Wrathchild
4. Two Minutes to Midnight
5. No Prayer for the Dying
6. Fates Warning
7. Assassin
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Run Silent Run Deep
10. Holy Smoke
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Clairvoyant
13. Mother Russia
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Iron Maiden
—-
16. Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
17. Number of the Beast
18. Run to the Hills
19. Running Free / Sanctuary

Yup. Retrospective of POM, Powerslave and SIT:

1. Aces High
2. Two Minutes To Midnight
3. Revelations
4. The Trooper
5. Where Eagles Dare
6. Still Life
7. Flight Of Icarus
8. Rime Of The Acient Mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Stranger In A Strange Land
12. Run To The Hills
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Iron Maiden
----------------------------------
15. Alexander The Great
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Wasted Years

Now, that would be a fun SBIT set.

Yup. Retrospective of POM, Powerslave and SIT:

1. Aces High
2. Two Minutes To Midnight
3. Revelations
4. The Trooper
5. Where Eagles Dare
6. Still Life
7. Flight Of Icarus
8. Rime Of The Acient Mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Stranger In A Strange Land
12. Run To The Hills
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Iron Maiden
----------------------------------
15. Alexander The Great
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Wasted Years

Now, that would be a fun SBIT set.
Plus it would have allowed them to expand Maiden England by focusing more on Seventh Son (including Infinite Dreams) and throwing in some 90s tunes like Tailgunner and Bring Your Daughter... and then maybe we would have actually gotten a History Part 4 documentary too :/

Plus it would have allowed them to expand Maiden England by focusing more on Seventh Son (including Infinite Dreams) and throwing in some 90s tunes like Tailgunner and Bring Your Daughter... and then maybe we would have actually gotten a History Part 4 documentary too :/
Yup.

Fear Of Maiden England tour:

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. Be Quick Or Be Dead
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number Of The Beast
8. No Prayer For The Dying
9. Tailgunner
10. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
11. The Clairvoyant
12. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------------------
15. Phantom Of The Opera
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Run To The Hills

Last edited:
Fixing Maiden England set - always a pleasure!

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. Still Life / Stranger in a Strange Land
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Trooper
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. The Number of the Beast
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers / Still Life
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden

15. Be Quick or be Dead
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Bring Your Daughter... to The Slaughter / Running Free

Last edited:
9: Heaven Can Wait (from Somewhere In Time)
Hooray, everyone's favourite SiT track! But honestly, this is a great live number for very easy reasons. And it was on the old Maiden England set.
10: Stranger in a Strange Land (from Somewhere In Time)
Hooray, everyone's favourite SiT track! Everyone wants this one (probably because H wrote it) and I want it too, because it fits so well with the Seventh Son aesthetic. Land of ice and snow, anyone?

My sarcasm detector went blinking at me when I saw this post.... :fencing:

I really wish they had done these songs or at least stuck to the original Maiden England set from 1988....

World Slavery tour 84-85

1. Aces High
2. Two Minutes to Midnight
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Revelations
5. Flash of the Blade
6. The Duellists
7. Die With Your Boots on
8. The Trooper
9. Powerslave
10. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
11. The Number of the Beast
12. Hallowed be thy Name
13. Phantom of the Opera
14. Iron Maiden

15. Sanctuary
16. Drifter
17. Run to the Hills

Added some more Powerslave songs (which really deserved to be played) and fiddled with the running order, but apart from that it's similar to the real one. took some liberties with set length because back in the day the setlist would change night-to-night IIRC.

No Prayer On The Road (1990-1991)

Tailgunner
Public Enema Number One
Wrathchild
Die With Your Boots On
Charlotte The Harlot
22 Acacia Avenue
Hooks In You (relocated in the set)
No Prayer For The Dying
The Clairvoyant
Fates Warning
Run Silent Run Deep
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Mother Russia
Flash Of The Blade

The Number Of The Beast
---
Bring Your Daughter...To The Slaughter
Run To The Hills
Hallowed Be Thy Name (relocated in the set)

This swaps in some better tracks from NPFTD, gets rid of some weaker legacy tracks, does the entire Charlotte trilogy ("From Here To Eternity" didn't exist yet), and pulls in "Flash Of The Blade", which has a rawer energy that fits better with the NPFTD material, IMO.

The Book Of Souls tour 2016/2017:

1.If Eternity Should Fail
2.Speed Of Light
3.Children Of The Damned
4.Rainmaker
5.The Trooper
6.Death Or Glory
7.Powerslave
8.Stranger In A Strange Land
9.Futureal (or No Prayer For The Dying)
10.The Book Of Souls
11.Fear Of The Dark
12.Iron Maiden
Encore:
13.The Number Of The Beast
14.Ghost Of The Navigator
15.Alexander The Great

This time I did not went so thematic with the songs, but again, with little changes the setlist looks more fun than the original one ! :cool:

Last edited:
Back