Change some of the Maiden setlists

The spoiler in that thread involved a different song (one that actually got played).

The spoiler in that thread involved a different song (one that actually got played).
Really? I'm pretty sure that's not why I called it out. Two songs, which had been widely discussed in the tour thread, were both positively identified as being in & out of the current setlist. How on earth does this not constitute a spoiler? It's clearly referring to the current tour outwith the tour thread without tags.

Farce. LC should give himself a warning.

Really? I'm pretty sure that's not why I called it out. Two songs, which had been widely discussed in the tour thread, were both positively identified as being in & out of the current setlist. How on earth does this not constitute a spoiler? It's clearly referring to the current tour outwith the tour thread without tags.

Farce. LC should give himself a warning.

Anyone can make a mistake. I just hope it gets fixed soon.

I am sure someone could be annoyed if they find out song x, y or z is, or isn't, played on this Tour if they want a complete 100% spoiler free surprise.

Doing what LC did is the same as going,
"Rime" hasn't been played live at all in the past 9 years.
If I said what I said outside a spoiler tag, I'd certainly get reprehended. So why is it okay when LC does it?

Doing what LC did is the same as going,
"Rime" hasn't been played live at all in the past 9 years.
If I said what I said outside a spoiler tag, I'd certainly get reprehended. So why is it okay when LC does it?

It's not OK, as stated in the Spoiler rules (rule 2 specifically)

He refused to add a spoiler tag even after Cried pointed it out to him.
Well I am hoping someone realises that saying something along the lines of "song X definitely does not get played this Tour" is a Spoiler for some, and then fixes it.

If we listed a load of other songs NOT played you could work out the set.

TBOS tour - 2016 leg:

If Eternity Should Fail
Speed of Light
+ Rainmaker
Children of the Damned
Tears of a Clown
The Red and the Black + Shadows of the Valley
The Trooper
+ The Man of Sorrows
Powerslave + Stranger in a Strange Land
Death or Glory
The Book of Souls
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast Coming Home
Blood Brothers
Wasted Years

TFF pre-album release 2010 tour (used the final show of the tour as template since they switched it up a few times):

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Wrathchild + Man on the Edge
El Dorado + Coming Home (would've been a better 1st single)
Dance of Death
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run + Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
+ Paschendale
Brave New World
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast + Journeyman
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Although I would've taken the original setlists if I had the chance to see those tours :( I forgot how reunion-heavy the 2010 setlist was.

Fear of the Dark tour. I based it heavily off of the Live at Donington album, added a couple songs and edited the order.

1. Be Quick or Be Dead
2. Number of the Beast
3. Wrathchild
4. Two Minutes to Midnight
5. Wasting Love
6. Tailgunner
7. Evil That Men Do
8. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
9. Childhoods End
10. Can I Play With Madness?
11. The Fugitive
12. Heaven Can Wait
13. Judas Be My Guide
14. Fear of the Dark
15. Bring Your Daughter.. To The Slaughter
16. Iron Maiden
--
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name
18. The Trooper
19. Running Free
20. Sanctuary

2010 tour setlist was awesome but it would’ve been really bold if they went totally old school and played 5-6 songs from The Final Frontier before the album was out. The Play Classics crowd would have complained either way and the people who appreciated them showcasing the reunion era would have loved it.

I would reprimand nobody for posting what I posted. You suggested a song that had a chance of being played, and may or may not be on the tour at this very moment. The other really isn't.

If you guys feel all that strongly about it, I can certainly block the original post out, because I do listen to feedback when it is presented to me. Or, as always, feel free to message the other moderators whenever you're uncomfortable. @Brigantium, @mckindog, and @Perun are most active currently.

The other really isn't.
My point was just that,
there must be some people who still think "Alex" is being played on the tour. A lot of people here certainly thought so before the tour started, and some of them may not have seen the setlist yet.

I didn't feel the need to message any other moderator because I totally understood your point, but I think it's unfair to people who still want to go in clean. And by stating a song, any song, is not on the current tour, you're also giving out a spoiler.

I'm sure there's some logical explanation for LC's appalling lack of consistnecy in his application of the spoiler rule. At least, you'd guess there was.
Like I explained, I didn't consider it a lack of consistency. One is a fairy tale - the other is a reasonable guess. I consider the likelihood of Maiden playing
ATG
to be slightly lower than them ever playing
The Angel and the Gambler
again, and I'll admit that it didn't even cross my mind that it could be a spoiler. So I apologize for not thinking that through, and I certainly hope nobody's tour experience was impacted by it.

After all, if they're that invested in ATG, I'd hate to ruin the big disappointment when it never occurs. :D

Some people also thought Sun of Steel would be played. Do we need to use spoilers when talking about how that song was never played live? Where is the line drawn? I still maintain that there was never any convincing reason to believe that either of those songs would be played.

I still maintain that there was never any convincing reason to believe that either of those songs would be played.
There wasn't. However, we should respect that one can believe whatever s/he wants. If they want to expect X song to be played, it's their call. There's nothing to do with signals, or evidence pointing to that. It's tour talk, no matter what, and that should be put under spoiler tags, shouldn't it?

Back