Bruce Dickinson

Hints and clues... hmmm, Roy certainly learned from the best. :p

Bruce said that ''If Eternity Should Fail'' will not be the title track, but with these images (pyramids, ancient king) maybe he is going for TBOS theme (the song is from that album though). I will be surprised if the album cover has a pyramid on it, because everyone will associate it with Maiden^.

Btw, is this ancient king posted by Roy supposed to look like Bruce?

Hints and clues... hmmm, Roy certainly learned from the best. :p

Bruce said that ''If Eternity Should Fail'' will not be the title track, but with these images (pyramids, ancient king) maybe he is going for TBOS theme (the song is from that album though). I will be surprised if the album cover has a pyramid on it, because everyone will associate it with Maiden^.

Btw, is this ancient king posted by Roy supposed to look like Bruce?
When i saw that "indian", I immediately asociated him with The Book of Souls mayan theme. I love that pyramid picture. I love this theme. New songs go beyond the pyramids. From pyramids to deep cosmos. Hopefully. When Belshazzar Feast thing was over, I was very disappointed, because album was not about some mystic, ancient history things... Now I am thrilled for Bruce's album. Knowing If Eternity lyrics and 'semi concept' aspect of the upcoming album - I can't wait.

I honestly think the album will be completed in the coming months. Roy has been recording Since June, and Bruce has already been sending back his vocal recordings. By the time hes back Stateside in Sept that will be the final touches of wrapping up the album imo.

I can see it having a release of early next year before Maiden hit the road again in presumably late May . With a lead single by years end

Last edited:
Poser software is back. Watch Out! :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:
When i saw that "indian", I immediately asociated him with The Book of Souls mayan theme. I love that pyramid picture. I love this theme. New songs go beyond the pyramids. From pyramids to deep cosmos. Hopefully. When Belshazzar Feast thing was over, I was very disappointed, because album was not about some mystic, ancient history things... Now I am thrilled for Bruce's album. Knowing If Eternity lyrics and 'semi concept' aspect of the upcoming album - I can't wait.
New songs go beyond the pyramids... From pyramids to deep cosmos - I love it! I also love this theme. Some mystic, ancient history theme is perfect for a solo album of Bruce imo and I think he is a big fan of pyramids (probably since 1984 lol) and space and folky stuff too. We all can't wait, the excitement is almost as much as when a new Maiden album is coming.

About the album cover, I hope it will be better than the one for TOS (if it was up to me, I would have made a cover with an ancient warrior with a robe in a dark forest setting surrounded by ghosts/souls). I don't expect the cover to have a lot of details, but it will probably have a central figure (like on most of his solo albums). Btw, who is the artist behind TOS cover?
I honestly think the album will be completed in the coming months. Roy has been recording Since June, and Bruce has already been sending back his vocal recordings. By the time hes back Stateside in Sept that will be the final touches of wrapping up the album imo.

I can see it having a release of early next year before Maiden hit the road again in presumably late May. With a lead single by years end
I agree. Maybe even a release until the end of this year? I think it will be next year after Maiden's tour (which I think will start in March). The lead single could be released this year, yeah.

I hope he will include the song ''Nightmares'', I mean Steve liked the song, so it should be an instant classic. It's perfect for a lead single, I guess. I also wonder if the album will have a bonus song (like ''Eternal'').

So his last original cover was for AOB. Will the tradition (since 1998) continue? Maybe not this time.
Well, technically The Best Of... was an original cover, but not an original illustration.

I actually like the centuries-old painting motif. It obviously made sense with The Chemical Wedding given the artist, but I think it fits with Bruce's more recent solo style in general -- dark, gothic, and timeless, with some neoclassical bits here and there.

I mean, can't you see this working for the Accident Of Birth cover...?
CDN_WELL_V_17247-001.jpg

Well, technically The Best Of... was an original cover, but not an original illustration.

I actually like the centuries-old painting motif. It obviously made sense with The Chemical Wedding given the artist, but I think it fits with Bruce's more recent solo style in general -- dark, gothic, and timeless, with some neoclassical bits here and there.

I mean, can't you see this working for the Accident Of Birth cover...?
CDN_WELL_V_17247-001.jpg
Hot pic x

The idea of using centuries-old paintings is kind of cool, but they should look good. I agree that it fits Bruce's music. Come to think of it, the only cover of his solo albums which I like is the one for TCW.

Speaking of album covers, the one Roy posted above (Tribe Of Gypsies album from 2000) is not only because of the pyramid on the cover, but because this album has a song that was written by him and Bruce - it's called ''The Flower'' and I think it has a big BTP vibe:

He also could have used the cover of their 1997 EP which has a Mayan calendar on it. Bruce wore a shirt with that cover live in 1998, iirc.

I think Bruce doesn’t like spend money in an artist to design his album covers.
Tattooed Millionaire - just one pic with a tatoo illustration.
Balls to Picasso - just a Pic in a toilet or whatever
Alive in a Studio - live pic
Skunkworks- Yes. He spend money in album cover
Accident of Birth- Yes,
He rented the services of Derek
The Chemical Wedding - William Blake artwork
Tiranny of souls - another ancient masterpiece
The Best of - just one tourist kind of pic

My little theory, but I can be wrong.

New Bruce Dickinson's album could maybe be released on 21th of december 2022. As one of the themes will once again be Mayas or Incas, as Roy Z has suggested with the pre-colombian warrior picture on Instagram. That would make sense because this year we will celebrate 10 years of the end of the Maya calendar. And as this calendar signified for a lot of people the end of the world, the Apocalypse, that's why we will also have the rearranged song about Necropolis, "If Eternity Should Fail", which also, as you know, was one of 'The Book Of Souls' track which has been represented by the Maya Eddie...

I think Bruce doesn’t like spend money in an artist to design his album covers.
Tattooed Millionaire - just one pic with a tatoo illustration.
Balls to Picasso - just a Pic in a toilet or whatever
Alive in a Studio - live pic
Skunkworks- Yes. He spend money in album cover
Accident of Birth- Yes,
He rented the services of Derek
The Chemical Wedding - William Blake artwork
Tiranny of souls - another ancient masterpiece
The Best of - just one tourist kind of pic
He should do a version of David Bowie's 'The Next Day' and just slap a textbox over the Balls to Picasso cover.

Back