Bruce Dickinson

I don’t think Blood Brothers is on the original key.
They are all played one step down from the originals. That's propably what Blaze wanted Maiden to do as well.

Would be interesting to see how transposing down some Maiden track would affect Bruce voice as well, perhaps one half step would be enough for him to gain some strength, on tracks like Flight of Icarus, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Sign of the Cross etc.

Last edited:
They are all played one step down from the originals. That's propably what Blaze wanted Maiden to do as well.

Would be interesting to see how transposing down some Maiden track would affect Bruce voice as well, perhaps one half step would be enough for him to gain some strength, on tracks like Flight of Icarus, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Sign of the Cross etc.

Thanks. Nice to see I was not mistaken about the songs not being played in the original key. :)

I agree Bruce's voice would benefit from playing songs half a step down, but I guess he is too cocky to admit this.

Blaze's phrasing is a bit pretentious during the verses for my tastes, but it would be interesting to hear him sing a backing vocal of the chorus with Bruce, as it sounds like their voices could be complimentary.

In my eyes, outro is absolutely LEGENDARY, EPIC AND OTHERWORDLY. On par with Chemical Wedding and the Alchemist greatness and concept.
I recently watched the Tyranny Of Souls EPK again and Bruce said that ''Kill Devil Hill'' is the most Chemical Wedding-sounding song in the album, so kudos for your comment about the outro. :ok:

And more curious info -> Half-lives was the original title of the album (btw, we can find it in the lyrics of ''Soul Intruders'').

Is it allready 24 years? :eek:

Nope, the album was released in September (the Wikipedia information about the release date is incorrect).

If I remember correctly, the album was released on 14th September in Europe and one day later in North America.

An absolute masterpiece of an album, the perfect marriage (see what I have done there?) between modern and traditional metal.

Last edited:
Nope, the album was released in September (the Wikipedia information about the release date is incorrect).

If I remember correctly, the album was released on 14th September in Europe and one day later in North America.

An absolute masterpiece of an album, the perfect marriage (see what I have done there?) between modern and traditional metal.
So, The Metal Voice on FB is wrong ? :oops:

Yes. The Metal Voice is probably just repeating what is on Wikipedia.

Believe me, I was there at the time and can distinctly remember going to my local record shop in mid-September to buy Bruce Dickinson’s new album (and being blown away by its sheer brilliance).
It came out on september 15th and it says so on the wikipedia aswell. I bought it on the release.
But always have to remember that there are cases where people have edited wikipedia pages and put wrong info there.

Yes. The Metal Voice is probably just repeating what is on Wikipedia.

Believe me, I was there at the time and can distinctly remember going to my local record shop in mid-September to buy Bruce Dickinson’s new album (and being blown away by its sheer brilliance).
Metal Archives says it was released in September

What wikipedia is this The Metal Voice referring to?
It says the correct date there september 15th 1998.

I can look for some old magazine tomorrow and scan the info if needed.

The information on Wikipedia had been incorrect for such a long time that I had wrongly assumed that nobody had corrected it. Happy to see that it now has the correct release date (for North America).

Last edited:
Back