Bruce Dickinson

Sad news. RIP Nicky Moore.

From the Paul Samson Archive:

As a tribute to Nicky Moore here is the full show from Dunstable Queensway Civic Hall, 21st April 1982, opening for Blackfoot.
R.I.P. Nippy. x
Dedicated to and in memory of Paul Samson, Chris Aylmer and Nicky Moore.

SAMSON - Live at Dunstable 21st April 1982 (Blackfoot tour)

The complete show from Dunstable Queensway Civic Hall 21st April 1982 opening for Blackfoot. Courtesy of the Paul Samson Archive, all rights reserved.

Paul Samson - Guitar / Vocals Nicky Moore - Lead Vocals Chris Aylmer - Bass Pete Jupp - Drums

Pete Jupp joined Samson on 25th January, and this tour marked his first live shows with the band and the first full tour since Nicky Moore had joined the previous September. Dunstable was the 16th show of the tour out of the 19 that Samson played. Sadly Samson weren't able to play the final show of the tour at Hammersmith Odeon as Sapphire had been confirmed for this prior to Samson being given the tour support. The 9 song set included 5 songs that would appear on the then yet to be recorded "Before The Storm" album which was the most successful and critically acclaimed of Samson albums.

00:00 - Intro
00:26 - Test Of Time
04:28 - Dangerzone
09:37 - Earth Mother
14:44 - Losing My Grip
18:11 - Vice Versa
23:53 - Bright Lights
26:44 - Stealing Away
31:01 - Turn Out The Lights
34:43 - Guitar - Band Intro's
35:58 - Riding With The Angels
42:29 - Credits/Chant

Accident of Birth splatter vinyl incoming

Probably it will get wider release similar to what The Chemical Wedding colored vinyl got.
I bought it to my collection even though I have the vinyl-boxset.

I’ve seen the movie and I didn’t like at all
But it looks that Bruce makes his projects with a very low budget and saving money.
As you were, I was also disappointed by this movie. I had it in DVD but I sold it. It's a one-time movie, not a masterpiece as Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween or even Beetlejuice. Bruce is a god as a singer, but he's a very bad scriptwriter.

Do Bruce Dickinson vinyls actually sound better?
I haven't done any comparisons but overall some albums benefit from the format. Some albums might have had little compression and so when there's been actually reissue on lp, there's possibility that some things like vocals might sound a bit clearer. Bass might sound a bit greater but also the highs, like cymbals might also sound powerful.
There's not absolute answer or solution as this goes case by case.

:hbd:
Happy Birthday Bruce!
:cheers:

:fencing:

Some interesting details about the origins of the band. The cover for the Skunkworks album was absolutely great though and hardly the reason the album flopped. That they had to open for Helloween was a terrible mistake by the management, I think; I saw that tour and found it depressing from the audience perspective.

Some interesting details about the origins of the band. The cover for the Skunkworks album was absolutely great though and hardly the reason the album flopped. That they had to open for Helloween was a terrible mistake by the management, I think; I saw that tour and found it depressing from the audience perspective.
I really don't like this record. It's too cheesy for me. Except "Inertia" and "Back From The Edge", which are good songs. The rest is really "meh"...

Back