Bruce Dickinson

Anything is really possible. I would definitely like it to feature some cool stuff similar to Arc Of Space.
I wouldn't mind at all if it got some atmospheric and loose acoustic song. Bruce hopefully got some versatile material.
I really like those acoustic songs on the b-sides (that can be found from the 2nd disc of Best Of or on the expanded albums).
I strongly hope that the new BD album will look like Accident Of Birth, which is my favorite BD record, along with The Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls. Fingers crossed.

Anything is really possible. I would definitely like it to feature some cool stuff similar to Arc Of Space.
I wouldn't mind at all if it got some atmospheric and loose acoustic song. Bruce hopefully got some versatile material.
I really like those acoustic songs on the b-sides (that can be found from the 2nd disc of Best Of or on the expanded albums).
Bruce does those type of songs great. I think the album will contain at least one such song, although I prefer a slow/ballad song than acoustic stuff. After so many years without a solo album, I want real heavy metal!

If I have to guess, I think the album will contain: a song like ''Navigate The Seas Of The Sun'' (ballad), at least one epic, short melodic rockers with anthemic choruses, more riff oriented songs, heavy songs (TCW era), fast/speed metal song, short/long mid-tempo songs (that combine heavy, soft, fast and slow passages), song with acoustic parts in it or even a more rock type of song. I expect most of the songs to be around 4-6 minutes in length.
And Bruce will use his lower register and soaring vocals, of course.

I'm sure the album will be great.

Hopefully this means H will be on Bruce's album.

I need a tour with Z/Smith guitar combo and some drop-D riffings.
Agree. Maybe he will play in this song, but in the whole album, I don't think so. Bruce said in a recent interview that Adrian really likes the style of the album with Richie Kotzen and that he is certainly not into the metal and doomy stuff of his solo albums.

But I'll be more than happy to hear Adrian (or Dave or Janick again) even in just one song. A Bruce solo tour with Adrian and Roy is something we all want.

Agree. Maybe he will play in this song, but in the whole album, I don't think so. Bruce said in a recent interview that Adrian really likes the style of the album with Richie Kotzen and that he is certainly not into the metal and doomy stuff of his solo albums.

But I'll be more than happy to hear Adrian (or Dave or Janick again) even in just one song. A Bruce solo tour with Adrian and Roy is something we all want.
I think with Primal Rock Rebellion, this assumption of Bruce can be dismissed.

I think H is still interested in harder metal, he just likes diverse stuff.

I think with Primal Rock Rebellion, this assumption of Bruce can be dismissed.

I think H is still interested in harder metal, he just likes diverse stuff.
PRR was ten years ago though, it’s possible that in that time H has mellowed out a lot.

I was referring to the song, not the album. Apologies for the confusion.

The title track is very heavy if you ask me.
That's also a Steve Co write, did he just pen the lyrics on it or help out Adrian with finishing it musically? If it was all Adrian then yeah agreed thats pretty heavy by his standards

That's also a Steve Co write, did he just pen the lyrics on it or help out Adrian with finishing it musically? If it was all Adrian then yeah agreed thats pretty heavy by his standards
If there is a H/Steve song, it usually means that H has brought in a complete demo, to which Steve wrote lyrics and vocal melodies. Sometimes there is a small arrangement adjustment made by him, but that's pretty much it.

H is probably more in the metal mindset when writing with Maiden because anything else won't fly. Smith & Kotzen gives him an outlet for the type of music he wants to be doing on the side.
Exactly. But this doesn't mean he doesn't have some filthy drop-D riffage on the shelf somewhere (or in his iPhone) and that he doesn't enjoy it anymore..

Started to look forward to the new album. Hope Roy gets to do something more analog sounding like AOB and CW. If it still is a concept album, after WOTW I could sense something pretty cool.

Started to look forward to the new album. Hope Roy gets to do something more analog sounding like AOB and CW. If it still is a concept album, after WOTW I could sense something pretty cool.
The raw production of the 90's albums is indeed great, but I think the album will sound more modern, probably like TOS.

Bruce said that the album is half of a concept album with series of characters and stories.

Back