Bruce Dickinson

I think his last ‘best of’ was already a perfect way to do a compilation. We got the big songs, live recordings, new material, rarities, and unreleased tracks. An incredible archival deep dive that I don’t think he’d be able to top unless he goes back and dredges the waters some more.
Indeed. It is truly one of the best compilations ever made. Still missing Tyranny Of Souls stuff but then again there's this thing called chronology.

That's maybe good for the maiden shows as well since he already warmed up his voice these days with the recordings
And the other way around too, I imagine! All the warming up for the tour probably helped him nail it in the studio. Seems like a smart decision to do it right now. I hope all vocals are done (as opposed to just a few tracks or whatever), so Roy could work on the final production while Bruce is on tour.

So, maybe a new album in the Autumn :nana:
Maiden's tour ends in October, so if they don't release a concert video from it, maybe he can release it in December...

I still think he will not hurry and will release the album next year after Maiden's album tour (when the focus is not on the band), but then again, Tyranny Of Souls was released a couple of days before the start of Maiden's 2005 tour. Only Roy's work (production and mixing) is left to be done now, right?

On the subject of changes to albums, I came up with this tracklist for an extended Balls to Picasso double album a while ago:

Side A
1. Fire Child
2. Hell No
3. No Way Out… To Be Continued
4. The Breeding House
Side B
1. Cyclops
2. Gods of War
3. 1000 Points of Light
4. Laughing in the Hiding Bush
Side C
1. Tibet
2. Change of Heart
3. Fire
4. Over and Out
5. Winds of Change
Side D
1. No Way Out… Continued
2. Shoot All the Clowns
3. Sacred Cowboys
4. Cadillac Gas Mask
5. Tears of the Dragon

Might come back and resort it later but I think it could’ve been pretty cool.
I'm gonna make an iPod playlist (yes, I still listen on an iPod) of this. It's so crazy it might just work! :D

Back