Bruce Dickinson

I guess the difference is that some fans see famos musicians as just one type of public figure and when they speak about politics, social media, feminism etc, these fans want to comment on that too or want to hold them accountable for their words based on their actual behaviour they learn something about,
whereas others just see them purely as musicians and want to comment in the context of their music only.

Although I also think that the line sometimes is not as easy to draw as some people think, I disagree.
There's no issue with criticizing Bruce about his shortcomings or hypocrisy or whatever you find worth criticizing. Mocking his wife is in bad taste though and has nothing to do with Bruce's politics or views. That's just not-so-thinly veiled misogyny, in my opinion.

He probably should. But I give kudos to Bruce for doing all the promo stuff he did for his album and tour - appearances, signings, selling tickets, etc. Rest assured though if he stopped doing that (to try and preserve his voice) fans will criticize him for it. "WTF, why did he stop? Does he not care about his fans?" I know, I know it comes with the territory...

You can always do that promotional stuff before the tour, like he does with Maiden…

There's no issue with criticizing Bruce about his shortcomings or hypocrisy or whatever you find worth criticizing. Mocking his wife is in bad taste though and has nothing to do with Bruce's politics or views. That's just not-so-thinly veiled misogyny, in my opinion.

In what way?

... Mocking his wife is in bad taste though and has nothing to do with Bruce's politics or views. That's just not-so-thinly veiled misogyny, in my opinion.

What??? How did we get to "someone mocked Bruce's wife". We are mocking unnecessary photoshopping.

In what way?
It's one thing to make fun of the anecdote about her loving Sonata and how Bruce talked about that, but it's hard for me to see the constant circling back to her and bringing her up, as well as the mocking of her appearance and use of filters in a different light. Some of the comments here could be straight out of tabloid trash and I don't see the value in them.

What??? How did we get to "someone mocked Bruce's wife". We are mocking unnecessary photoshopping.
Bullshit. She is mocked as well and the fact that some posters keep bringing her up and have this urge to make fun of her (and the filters/photoshop) in a thread about Bruce says more than enough. If people want to gossip I can't stop them, but it's gotten a bit ridiculous.

I have honestly no idea what you are talking about. I don't think someone mocked her. I bet nobody would make fun of her unphotoshopped pictures (which then would indeed be about her appearance, but why. I am not interested in her appearance but I also don't believe there is something wrong with it).

It's one thing to make fun of the anecdote about her loving Sonata and how Bruce talked about that, but it's hard for me to see the constant circling back to her and bringing her up, as well as the mocking of her appearance and use of filters in a different light. Some of the comments here could be straight out of tabloid trash and I don't see the value in them.

Bullshit. She is mocked as well and the fact that some posters keep bringing her up and have this urge to make fun of her (and the filters/photoshop) in a thread about Bruce says more than enough. If people want to gossip I can't stop them, but it's gotten a bit ridiculous.
Some posters here have a parasocial relationship with Bruce that has apparently gone sour for whatever reason. Why anyone would care what his wife says or looks like is beyond me.

Forgot to mention the london crowd were proper Bruce die hards, chanting Bruc-ay, Bruc-ay in a Scream for me Brazil accent
It's no surprise that they recorded the London show:

Maiden's approach of a video release with songs from multiple shows?
Shame about the quality of the project though. :(
Shadow, Ragnarok, Wounds, Resurrection Men, Eternity (ofc) are all quality songs with quality ideas.

Shadow, Ragnarok, Wounds, Resurrection Men, Eternity (ofc) are all quality songs with quality ideas.
I treat Mandrake as the last 2ish decades of Bruce ideas that never got to come to fruition due to Maiden, cancer, or otherwise.

Is it an ultra serious or neccessarilly high fidelity album? Not in my opinion; But it is a fun listen with some solid content. Neat to see old and new Bruce ideas come to life. Definitely enjoy the moments of acoustic work on the album, I think Bruce really shines with that style of writing. Revelations for example, despite not being an acoustic song in recording, definitely pulled from acoustic writing style.

I have always been curious to see what Bruce's rejected SIT material was like.

Definitely enjoy some of the songs in the live recordings more than in studio, which ultimately seems to be Bruce's focus (Id wager its what he was focused on mostly anyways. Just getting content out to tour on and dial in live, because we all know Maiden is coming to its final curtain, and it seems a no brainer for Bruce to gracefully retire with his solo touring)

Here's hoping we get a great video release from the tour!

In Germany Dominum.

The frontman will make a few jokes that everyone should sing along, because it's only Metal, and anyone can sing Metal.

I hope Bruce won't be offended. :D (Although he probably won't understand it, if he hears it in the first place).

I treat Mandrake as the last 2ish decades of Bruce ideas that never got to come to fruition due to Maiden, or otherwise.
Is it an ultra serious or neccessarilly high fidelity album? Not in my opinion; But it is a fun listen with some solid content. Neat to see old and new Bruce ideas come to life. Definitely enjoy the moments of acoustic work on the album, I think Bruce really shines with that style of writing. Revelations for example, despite not being an acoustic song in recording, definitely pulled from acoustic writing style.

I have always been curious to see what Bruce's rejected SIT material was like.
I agree with what you said here. And yeah, those slower/acoustic ideas on all his solo albums could have been his rejected SIT material.
Definitely enjoy some of the songs in the live recordings more than in studio, which ultimately seems to be Bruce's focus (Id wager its what he was focused on mostly anyways. Just getting content out to tour on and dial in live, because we all know Maiden is coming to its final curtain, and it seems a no brainer for Bruce to gracefully retire with his solo touring)
The songs work great live. ^I expressed a similar opinion about Bruce's focus (in a way) after the release of the album and its lack of some ideas. It was a must for him to tour again for his great solo work.
At least festival season is coming up and Bruce has some shows he isn't headlining, shorter shows might help.
How many songs out of the usual 16 do you think the set will be for those non-headlining festival shows? 10 maybe.

New band photo. I (unfortunately) seriously doubt that Roy will play with Bruce live again even on the future tours...

band.jpg

New band photo. I (unfortunately) seriously doubt that Roy will play with Bruce live again even on the future tours...
Roy probably drinks and/or carouses when he’s on tour, and his wife vetoed his participation. That’s the simplest explanation that lines up with the available evidence, but it’s just speculation on my part.

Back