Bruce Dickinson

I read all the interviews here but I didn't find the answer for my question. Did Bruce say anything if the guitarists are solely his live guitarists?

Or can we maybe expect them to be on his next album? I think they are very good and could contribute more solos than are on his current album.
Thanks if someone has this information!

I think all these statements are true: That it is a cute photo, that she is completely unrecognisable in her own wedding photo and that this is their choice, i.e not our problem as Maiden fans.

I don't completly agree. If he is asked about Sonata, see the interview posted on this forum, and encourages women in the interview that their beauty doesn't fade and that they look interesting, but on the other hand all the photos he publishes of his wife are photoshopped beyond recognition so that she looks like a blonde 20-something, we are allowed to find him hypocritical once again, in my humble opinion.

I don't completly agree. If he is asked about Sonata, see the interview posted on this forum, and encourages women in the interview that their beauty doesn't fade and that they look interesting, but on the other hand all the photos he publishes of his wife are photoshopped beyond recognition so that she looks like a blonde 20-something, we are allowed to find him hypocritical once again, in my humble opinion.
I would think Bruce lets his team post most if not all of his social media. And that team probably includes his wife. I will bet that Leana(a former model) approves any photo of her before it goes out. If she doesn't do the photoshop/filtering herself she has someone do it for her. But let's look for new ways to criticize Bruce...

Interesting setlist tonight

Darkside of Aquarius, Jerusalem and Many Doors to Hell replaced by Road to Hell and Faith. Also no Book of Thel.
is this the first time a Mandrake song was swapped out?

I am not looking for ways to criticise Bruce. Why would I .
I just wrote this because all the "wonderful" wedding photos posted here left a bad taste in my mouth for the reason I explained and I thought I could also post that because it was true. I didn't think we had to find everything great he puts out and add Likes.

Interesting setlist tonight

Darkside of Aquarius, Jerusalem and Many Doors to Hell replaced by Road to Hell and Faith. Also no Book of Thel.
Why in spoilers?

13 songs (+ the cover). Road To Hell was the main set closer. Tears Of The Dragon was moved to the middle like earlier in the tour.

Good decision from Bruce to drop Book Of Thel and Darkside Of Aquarius since he has a cold - some of the few most challenging and difficult songs for him from the staples (including with Maiden). But he removed 4 songs and only replaced 2 of them? There are some easier solo songs for his voice that he could try. Like Born In '58, The Magician, Innerspace, Change Of Heart...

A new song is dropped from the set for the first time (and it is not replaced by another new song!). Many Doors To Hell has some high parts, but it's not the most challenging. Maybe it's not the ''strongest'' live song of the 4 new songs in the set, or the one with the least crowd participation. He could have sneaked Face In The Mirror for example, but the set is already full of mid-tempo songs.

I'm happy he adds Road To Hell more often, but the pre-chorus is still difficult. Jerusalem has more high parts though. Faith on the other hand doesn't sound that good live.

I am not looking for ways to criticise Bruce. Why would I .
I just wrote this because all the "wonderful" wedding photos posted here left a bad taste in my mouth for the reason I explained and I thought I could also post that because it was true. I didn't think we had to find everything great he puts out and add Likes.
Attacking bandmembers over their spouses leaves a bad taste. There's a longstanding tradition here not to discuss the private lives of the bandmembers, for good reason. Don't shit on them, her appearance, her photoshopping of private photos for some quasi-analysis of Bruce's song lyrics. It's bad form, and it's bizarre that we're talking about her more than "she's wrong about Sonata" (as Bruce brought up that she encouraged him not to rework it at all) or "congratulations on the marriage to Bruce and Leana".

Attacking bandmembers over their spouses leaves a bad taste. There's a longstanding tradition here not to discuss the private lives of the bandmembers, for good reason. Don't shit on them, her appearance, her photoshopping of private photos for some quasi-analysis of Bruce's song lyrics. It's bad form, and it's bizarre that we're talking about her more than "she's wrong about Sonata" (as Bruce brought up that she encouraged him not to rework it at all) or "congratulations on the marriage to Bruce and Leana".
Stated much better than me. Thank you

Ok, fair enough. I understand your point. Then this is simply not the right forum for me.

I have always beliefed that people in the public eye in exchange for their fame and money also have a responsibility to try to improve our society which can include some aspects of their private life if they themselves are the ones that start talking/answering questions about it.

I witness everyday how my daughters struggle with all the impossible standards set by photoshopped pictures that in fact don't show an existing person anymore, They understand that and are still influenced by it, so that is maybe why these wedding photos triggered me.
I apologise.

Although I agree with most of what you have posted, how can those photos be private when they have been shared online by them?

Or can we maybe expect them to be on his next album? I think they are very good and could contribute more solos than are on his current album.
I don't think they will play on Bruce's next solo record. Roy Z will still be the one guitarist on it. The live guitarists are only live session ones. ;)

Although I agree with most of what you have posted, how can those photos be private when they have been shared online by them?
They are private in the same way that all other wedding photos shared by couples are. Sure, they are, in part or whole, legal properties of the platform. But they aren't photos that are taken in the professional capacity of the singer Bruce Dickinson. In that sense, they are private because they don't relate to his work and should certainly not be the target of negative connotations. This is, after all, a forum about Iron Maiden as a band and related solo projects.

Ok, fair enough. I understand your point. Then this is simply not the right forum for me.

I have always beliefed that people in the public eye in exchange for their fame and money also have a responsibility to try to improve our society which can include some aspects of their private life if they themselves are the ones that start talking/answering questions about it.

I witness everyday how my daughters struggle with all the impossible standards set by photoshopped pictures that in fact don't show an existing person anymore, They understand that and are still influenced by it, so that is maybe why these wedding photos triggered me.
I apologise.
I get your sentiment about the world we are living in, with unrealistic expectations and lifestyles propogated by the poison that is social media. But Leana is an extremely tiny cog in the wheel, same as you and I are tiny cogs in the wheel of global warming and carbon emissions. There's no point in banging on the drum when I decide to take a drive when I could ride the bicycle instead. Leana is a fitness instructur who has a few thousand followers on Instagram. She isn't even a semi-professional influencer. Most people that label themselves as influencers are just people who post a few pics on social media or manage to produce like one semi-locally-viral Tik-Tok video (kinda like a bedroom guitarist in a sense).

They are private in the same way that all other wedding photos shared by couples are. Sure, they are, in part or whole, legal properties of the platform. But they aren't photos that are taken in the professional capacity of the singer Bruce Dickinson. In that sense, they are private because they don't relate to his work and should certainly not be the target of negative connotations. This is, after all, a forum about Iron Maiden as a band and related solo projects.

They might not be related to his job as a singer, but the moment they are shared publicly they stop being private photographs.

They might not be related to his job as a singer, but the moment they are shared publicly they stop being private photographs.
Now you're just into semantics though and property law. Discussing semantics is pointless when the intent is clearly made and just deflects from the case at hand. This is just an example of the ugly side of the internet. As soon as I post my wedding picture, it's fair game for strangers on a forum to slag my wife for her makeup and photo airbrush. I work at a radio station as a tech. I suppose that a couple of listeners can find my wedding photos and then proceed to discuss them as if they somehow relate to my work.

Last edited:
Back