Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
We can open up a thread and have a discussion about the negative effects of social media on mental health, particular for young people, but this thread isn't for that. Dunking on Bruce's wife (or rather her use of filters I suppose) feels disingenuous, when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is Bruce. I don't shy away from criticizing Bruce when I think it's valid to do so, but calling out his wife and analyzing their pictures is far too gossip-y for me.

Everyone is obviously allowed to have their opinion on the pictures, but I simply don't think this is the place to discuss them.

I read all the interviews here but I didn't find the answer for my question. Did Bruce say anything if the guitarists are solely his live guitarists?

Or can we maybe expect them to be on his next album? I think they are very good and could contribute more solos than are on his current album.
Thanks if someone has this information!

I don't remember him confirming anything on this subject in interviews.
It could also be that the future is still being planned at the moment. I only know that his promotion agency in Germany refers to Philip Naslund and Chris Declercq as guitarists of his live band.

I don't remember him confirming anything on this subject in interviews.
It could also be that the future is still being planned at the moment. I only know that his promotion agency in Germany refers to Philip Naslund and Chris Declercq as guitarists of his live band.
My guess is that he's not even there yet. Once the tour is done, it's Maiden time and he might start to think about the next solo album. For now, I guess, they are hired guns contracted to play the tour.

...Most people that label themselves as influencers are just people who post a few pics on social media or manage to produce like one semi-locally-viral Tik-Tok video (kinda like a bedroom guitarist in a sense).
That's true, how many people think they are “influencers” these days, haha.

Nevertheless: I'm not saying Bruce and her are comparable, but it's remarkable how the Republicans are afraid that one person (Taylor Swift) might endorse Joe Biden.
Generally speaking, I'm always reluctant to say that we as individuals can't have any impact anyway.

That's true, how many people think they are “influencers” these days, haha.

Nevertheless: I'm not saying Bruce and her are comparable, but it's remarkable how the Republicans are afraid that one person (Taylor Swift) might endorse Joe Biden.
Generally speaking, I'm always reluctant to say that we as individuals can't have any impact anyway.
Well, the voter registration among young voters immediately increased after she posted about "go and vote" in 2020, so there is definitely a correlation there. Taylor Swift is one of the celebrities that actually wields power, because millions of young people feel deeply connected to her and her lyrics. Swifties are a phenomenon.

I read through the thread from the start of the tour yesterday to see if I missed out anything while I was avoiding spoilers.

To be honest, it was quite grim and toxic reading. I think a lot of people need to get out in the real world, because they aren't enjoying what they are seeing in their internet bubbles.

Full London show. :)

Good sound, great crowd. One of the best shows from the tour.

Bruce seems to be wearing the leather vest more and more often.
I read all the interviews here but I didn't find the answer for my question. Did Bruce say anything if the guitarists are solely his live guitarists?
Or can we maybe expect them to be on his next album? I think they are very good and could contribute more solos than are on his current album.
It wasn't mentioned. They're his (permanent, I think he mentioned something like that) live band, so idk. I think he will only work with Roy as always, but at the same time there are 2 guest guitarists for 2 songs on the new album - Gus (understandably somewhat for Eternity) and Chris, who is one of the guitarists for the tour. The recordings of the album are really odd. I think they might guest on 1 or 2 songs. Tanya too. Philip will love it. Good band/musicians. Btw, here's an idea. They could record the missing solos on TMP! I doubt Bruce has decided about that yet, but:

Around the 25:14 mark of the concert above - he said/joked that with 7 albums they have at least 4 more tours so they don't hear the same song twice. And of course they are talking making a new album down the line...(''they/we''?)...

Thank you for sharing.

I agree with Bruce: ''I'm lucky I have a strong and powerful voice. I couldn't have done it 30 years ago because I was so busy in the race to see who could sing the highest, who could do this, who could say the words the fastest. 'Cause you're young and everything is a fight, battle, win, competition. And I'm not in competition with anything now except truth. What I want is authenticity of emotion. And that sounds boring, but, actually, if you put it in context with some like 'grrrr'-type metal, it's so powerful. The best thing in the world, the best feeling in the world, for me as a singer, is when you get a great sound for your voice and everything on stage and everything works. And you know that you're moving people with it.''

You can feel free to post about this on the Strange Death forum if you like. You can make a whole thread about it and I won’t censor you. No ads, either.
I don't think he will see that.

...We're not going to stop anyone from posting about the more celebrity/tabloid aspects of Bruce's life, although I would definitely prefer if that stuff migrated to the Strange Death forum instead of here.
Ok, then the forum isn't for the full picture. I don't want to gossip. I always interpreted it more as fans wanting to understand everything that's going on, as private and professonal is often related, especially in the arts.

For example, if Bruce and Roy Z had had a falling-out, it would have private and professional implications and as a big Maiden fan I might not want to have zero idea why they don't work together anymore.

I don't think he will see that.

Ok, then the forum isn't for the full picture. I don't want to gossip. I always interpreted it more as fans wanting to understand everything that's going on, as private and professonal is often related, especially in the arts.

For example, if Bruce and Roy Z had had a falling-out, it would have private and professional implications and as a big Maiden fan I might not want to have zero idea why they don't work together anymore.
Roy Z is Bruce's co-songwriter, so their theoretical falling-out would be relevant for fans since it would impact the professional side of Bruce. If he had a falling-out with random other people who aren't part of his music, that doesn't really concern us in my opinion.

And going on and on about his wife's pictures is even weirder imo.

And going on and on about his wife's pictures is even weirder imo.

I guess the difference is that some fans see famos musicians as just one type of public figure and when they speak about politics, social media, feminism etc, these fans want to comment on that too or want to hold them accountable for their words based on their actual behaviour they learn something about,
whereas others just see them purely as musicians and want to comment in the context of their music only.

Although I also think that the line sometimes is not as easy to draw as some people think, I disagree.

If I got sick as often as Bruce does on tour I'd consider keeping contact with people outside the touring bubble to a minimum. Not an uncommon thing for professional singers to do.
He probably should. But I give kudos to Bruce for doing all the promo stuff he did for his album and tour - appearances, signings, selling tickets, etc. Rest assured though if he stopped doing that (to try and preserve his voice) fans will criticize him for it. "WTF, why did he stop? Does he not care about his fans?" I know, I know it comes with the territory...

Back