Bruce Dickinson

Agreed. I respect Bruce’s decision not to write about his wife, kids etc. Also, I‘m not interested in his affairs with women and any soap opera stuff, glad he left that out.
But he could have been more personal about himself and describe his failures as well, especially his unhappiness in the latter part of the 90s — he was ‚miserable as sin‘ as he said in an interview. I’d want to read about his decisions etc. on a personal basis during that crisis, because they eventually led to success again.

Bruce's book isn't a confession,but i totally agree with you on this point. Deeper insight into that period of his life could be very interesting.

I guess we will never get an official confirmation (although Rod mentioned in 12 Wasted Years Bruce as one of the co-writers of The Prisoner... Ooops! :lol: ), but I am convinced he definitely wrote the lyrics to The Prisoner (he is the only fan of the series) and he has also explained the Run to the Hills chorus melody in a way that only the person who wrote it would have done.

Sounds plausible.

He also had an input in Gangland. Lyrics, probably.

The thing that bugs me the most is who wrote the lyrics to RTTH. They have some characteristics of Bruce and some of Steve's lyrical writing. But if I have to bet, I'd say that RTTH's lyrics were written by Steve.

So Bruce's contribution on TNOTB (most likely): drum intro, lyrics and vocal melody on Prisoner, music and lyrics on COTD (I assume that Steve wrote the fast part), vocal melody on RTTH and lyrics and vocal melody of Gangland.

I guess we will never get an official confirmation (although Rod mentioned in 12 Wasted Years Bruce as one of the co-writers of The Prisoner... Ooops! :lol: ), but I am convinced he definitely wrote the lyrics to The Prisoner (he is the only fan of the series) and he has also explained the Run to the Hills chorus melody in a way that only the person who wrote it would have done.

Sounds plausible.

He also had an input in Gangland. Lyrics, probably.

Re: children of the damned lyrics,

if steve wrote them some of the phrases would be clumsier and the vocal melody would be more dominant over the lyrical metre

The thing that bugs me the most is who wrote the lyrics to RTTH. They have some characteristics of Bruce and some of Steve's lyrical writing. But if I have to bet, I'd say that RTTH's lyrics were written by Steve.

So Bruce's contribution on TNOTB (most likely): drum intro, lyrics and vocal melody on Prisoner, music and lyrics on COTD (I assume that Steve wrote the fast part), vocal melody on RTTH and lyrics and vocal melody of Gangland.

Agreed re: rtth, I think these lyrics have the steve traits that COTD is missing.

EDIT: although it would be cool if one of them wrote the verse from the indians perspective and the other the ones from the cowboys perspective

I'll fill you in the missing details: he does a fair bit of shagging and cheats on his wife, Jane, who also cheats on him (fair enough) - not any different to the other band members and management. Drugs are not interesting (same as Steve; the same cannot be said about the other band members). Bruce and Jane are married, but unhappy: she takes great pride of using Bruce's credit card to spend a huge amount of money paying drinks for everyone at a big party around the Seventh Son era. The divorce is inevitable; she gets the nice country house in Buckinghamshire and Bruce goes back to live in Chiswick.
Where did you find this out??

Dennis Willcock isn't either.
But I agree with you. Bruce didn't help out a young and inexperienced Steve Harris, didn't convince him that the band should play more original material and less covers, didn't arrange gigs, didn't introduce the logo, and didn't bring Dave Murray to the band.
Another great contribution to the band by Dennis Wilcock (? or Willcock) that hasn't been matched by Bruce - getting Dave Murray thrown out of the band!

I thought Bruce and Jane divorced during SIT sessions. That was one of the reasons why he didn't write too much and has gotten into fencing.

I thought Bruce and Jane divorced during SIT sessions. That was one of the reasons why he didn't write too much and has gotten into fencing.

I think they divorced in 1987; the big party where Jane was (allegedly) buying everyone rounds with Bruce's credit card, as witnessed by some of Bruce's German fencing pals, was at Donington, probably the 1987 edition when Bruce was a guest on stage. My original message said Seventh Son era; I have now edited for accuracy.

Is she the girl that ended up with Nikki Sixx, prompting an assassination attempt by Bruce?

Is she the girl that ended up with Nikki Sixx, prompting an assassination attempt by Bruce?

Yes, I believe she is the same one, although the assassination attempt is news to me; probably just a result of Nikki Sixx's drug-altered perception more than anything else.

Re: children of the damned lyrics,

if steve wrote them some of the phrases would be clumsier and the vocal melody would be more dominant over the lyrical metre
There's one bit in 'Children of the Damned' almost certainly written by Steve Harris:

Children of the damned
Children of the damned
Children of the damned
Children of the damned

The same four words
The same four words
The same four words
The same four words

Going over it in my head makes it sound like the 'Brave New World' chorus actually.

There's one bit in 'Children of the Damned' almost certainly written by Steve Harris:

Children of the damned
Children of the damned
Children of the damned
Children of the damned.

The same four words
The same four words
The same four words
The same four words

Going over it in my head makes it sound like the 'Brave New World' chorus actually.
Well, The Wicker Man is also

Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come

The same four words
The same four words
The same four words
The same four words

And it was written by Bruce.

Well, The Wicker Man is also

Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come

The same four words
The same four words
The same four words
The same four words

And it was written by Bruce.

The original version also included the Thy will be done bit. ;)

Yes, I believe she is the same one, although the assassination attempt is news to me; probably just a result of Nikki Sixx's drug-altered perception more than anything else.

The story goes that Bruce found out, had his sword by the hand and if Nikki were near at that moment, there'd be trouble.
I don't believe he was on perception-altering drugs, not that kind of a guy. However his vision might have been compromised by the falling hair gel and bullshit that comes out of his facial arse.

The story goes that Bruce found out, had his sword by the hand and if Nikki were near at that moment, there'd be trouble.
I don't believe he was on perception-altering drugs, not that kind of a guy. However his vision might have been compromised by the falling hair gel and bullshit that comes out of his facial arse.

Thanks for that. Anyway, wasn't Nikki Sixx out of his head for most of the 80s? :confused: I am pretty sure heroin has a negative impact on the brain too. ;)

Back