Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I was able to hear the 2 live songs from the post and I have to say it sounded good. Bruce in top form! The rhythm/bass could have been better for Ragnarok (as with Maiden's recent live releases), still nice, and the drums could have been a bit more prominent (not an issue), but that's it. Very authentic to the live show, especially the vocals. All that being said, the overall mix is not that spot on. I guess because Pooch isn't the only producer.

The comparison with NOTD - Abduction sounded better, but not that big of a difference methinks. It's hard to say because the band didn't release a live video from this spectacular tour, the whole thing was done very quickly and most likely wasn't planned(?). Great drum sound, and ofc the solos sound, but other than than, a subpar release for Maiden. Bruce was sick, the crowd noise is so bad and the mix of the rhythm guitars is not good. LC (minus the drum sound) manage to sound better imo. Also, the cover is just the tour poster, but no better (for the 2nd live release in a row, not that the ones in 2009/2011 were something special); at least the booklet is very nice. The only good thing was the live versions of Eagles, Greater Good and Icarus. This tour should only have a live release from 2018. A shame really.

Yeah, it seems that whole band has great chemistry live. I hope that this will translate well into possible new songs.
Yep. And I don't doubt the latter. I wonder if the 2 guitarists can create a more ''modern'' metal for Bruce. Probably not the right word, more like Priest approach. They are also big fans of Skunkworks. And also - Bruce writes whole songs.

Last edited:
Yep. And I don't doubt the latter. I wonder if the 2 guitarists can create a more ''modern'' metal for Bruce. Probably not the right word, more like Priest approach. They are also big fans of Skunkworks. And also - Bruce writes whole songs.
It's a good thing Bruce went with two guitarists for this tour. I think we all love Roy Z but he couldn't have replicated the 2 guitar sound by himself.

That sounds to me like he's ready to record with the live band.
Good news about the next solo album indeed. Maybe this means the Mandrake tour will only be 2 legs?

How quickly and fundamentally things can change. I still remember the first interviews about the “Mandrake Project”, where there was a lot of talk about the working process with Roy Z, and now, I would also say,
it sounds like the next album will be realized together with the live band.

Back