Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I could bootleg a Maiden gig with a hairdryer next to the microphone and it would still sound better than Nights of the Dead!
What's the problem with Nights Of The Dead? Except for the fact that it's more/less boring, I think the sound is not bad.
Btw, how would you all rate the chances we'll get a live album and DVD from Bruces solo tour? Bruce mentioned anything like that yet?

Clearly a lot of you on here have the copy of the Resurrection Men single. One of you gotta upload a link onto here so we all can hear the live songs. My copy of the single doesn't come until next Friday and I don't wanna wait that long lol.

What's the problem with Nights Of The Dead? Except for the fact that it's more/less boring, I think the sound is not bad.
Btw, how would you all rate the chances we'll get a live album and DVD from Bruces solo tour? Bruce mentioned anything like that yet?
It sounds horrible. There are many literal bootlegs that sound better. Take any moment where the audience is singing and you cannot make the words or melodies out. For example, in The Wicker Man they're supposed to sing "your time will come" but on the album you only hear random amelodious singing. The same with the "hey"s in Revelation, where it sounds as if someone recorded a shotgun blast inside of a cathedral but the microphones are outside.

Genuinely no idea how they managed to get the audience to sound so bad.

Bruce is not nominated for Album or Song of the Year at the Metal Hammer Awards.
Nor for Artist with a Message. The thing with “Sonata” and feminism apparently didn't work out after all. :D

He probably doesn't care, but at least in the past he was always very competitive I think.

It is absolutely the worst-sounding Maiden release by quite a large margin. And we’re talking about the band that gave us Virtual XI.
Easily. VXI sounds fucking dreadful, but it's downright pleasant to listen to after any single song on NotD. RTTH in particular could easily be used for torture with Bruce's horrendous fucking crowling (on account of him being sick) and Steve's "backing vocals" being pushed up front by some madman who should not ever be allowed to touch a mixing desk again because evidently they don't possess a working pair of ears.

Easily. VXI sounds fucking dreadful, but it's downright pleasant to listen to after any single song on NotD. RTTH in particular could easily be used for torture with Bruce's horrendous fucking crowling (on account of him being sick) and Steve's "backing vocals" being pushed up front by some madman who should not ever be allowed to touch a mixing desk again because evidently they don't possess a working pair of ears.
There are a few renditions on n the album that I enjoy. I like Wicker Man, SORC, FTGGOG, and 2MTM. It is a shame that the tour got this as its live album. It was the best tour I have seen them on and the album was such a let down. I kept the album because I am a completist. Also, the packaging is stunning, especially the vinyl

Do you really think it is a well-made album? I was very disappointed, the mix, among other things, is incredibly badly done.
A disappointing release, indeed. For me the sound is the least problem tho. The performance of the songs sounds competely uninspired and lame, the booklet is boring, the cover is shit, the whole album has no highlights, nothing really shines. One big yawnfest.

The drums on the album sound great, credit where credit's due. Though I haven't listened to it in ages, so I might be misremembering lol

Also, the cover is great. The Eddie is a bit ugly, but he's the LOTB Eddie, it was obvious that he'd be used in this one. I love the little details for every song.

Roy Z has some great and kind words for Bruce and the House Band Of Hell on his private FB profile today ...

He just sees his opprotunities slipping away, that Bruce no longer needs or wants him. :cool:

A quote a friend who reads the fan club magazine showed me (Interview with Bruce, last FC magazine):

BD: "And we've got a real band! I'm already playing the band demos of stuff I'd like to record for the next album. Without ProTools, without assembling Frankenstein's monster- it's real music, made in areal space."

Good news though: The next Bruce solo album is already taking on a more concreate form and we can look forward to it!

Bruce is not nominated for Album or Song of the Year at the Metal Hammer Awards.
Nor for Artist with a Message. The thing with “Sonata” and feminism apparently didn't work out after all. :D

He probably doesn't care, but at least in the past he was always very competitive I think.
Well, with 19 years in between releases, he doesn't have any momentum. Noone other than die hard fans are listening to this album

A quote a friend who reads the fan club magazine showed me (Interview with Bruce, last FC magazine):

BD: "And we've got a real band! I'm already playing the band demos of stuff I'd like to record for the next album. Without ProTools, without assembling Frankenstein's monster- it's real music, made in areal space."

Good news though: The next Bruce solo album is already taking on a more concreate form and we can look forward to it!
That sounds to me like he's ready to record with the live band. Although it's hard to believe he won't be writing with Roy again.
Edit: Good news about the next solo album indeed. Maybe this means the Mandrake tour will only be 2 legs?

Last edited:
That sounds to me like he's ready to record with the live band.
Good news about the next solo album indeed. Maybe this means the Mandrake tour will only be 2 legs?
Yeah, it seems that whole band has great chemistry live. I hope that this will translate well into possible new songs.

Back