Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Whilst I agree that they run on autopilot and many decisions seem to be based on milking their fans’ loyalty, what would you really expect them to do at this stage in their career? A tour playing 2 dates in each city with completely different setlists? A night with Maiden type of show playing two sets with an intermission without support bands?
Not exactly, being honest this type of shows are always the money grabbing Enterprise. But, if the things are going on and you still wanna attract people you should do something really interesting. Next year we have 50 anniversary of band's foundation. It's a perfect occasion to do something special, Bruce just mentioned about "special project" and I'm rely on his words they do a special tour, documentary, something on their own. I'd like to be right with that. Even the stupid kid would make this opportunity a big event.

Next year we have 50 anniversary of band's foundation. It's a perfect occasion to do something special, Bruce just mentioned about "special project" and I'm rely on his words they do a special tour, documentary, something on their own. I'd like to be right with that. Even the stupid kid would make this opportunity a big event.

It's rather interesting what is and is not "special" at this point. In my opinion, the Future Past tour is a special tour. The Legacy of the Beast certainly was too, with one of their most grandeur stage shows and a rather brilliant, very balanced setlist structure. It's not uncommon for for them to call any tour cycle that is currently underway as special.

In addition to that, something "really interesting"or "truly special" might mean very different things to a different portions of their target audience. For some, a very extensive hit fest with the most generic setlist you can come up with might be the most "special & interesting" thing they could come up with, where as to many of us here something more adventurous would be a lot more preferable.

For what it is worth, I think that most Maiden tours from the past twenty years or so have been rather successful at catering stuff for more casual/nostalgia hungry and hardcore fans alike, which in my opinion certainly qualifies as "attracting people." ;)

I'm hoping for something particularly interesting as well, and frankly, I'm rather optimistic about that, as I've often praised their recent setlist approach.

That all being said, and loosely connecting the above to the title of the topic, Bruce's small hints have usually meant something, so whatever is coming next year, I'm hoping to be positively surprised!

Last edited:
OK
It's rather interesting what is and is not "special" at this point. In my opinion, the Future Past tour is a special tour. The Legacy of the Beast certainly was too, with one of their most grandeur stage shows and a rather brilliant, very balanced setlist structure. It's not uncommon for for them to call any tour cycle that is currently underway as special.

In addition to that, something "really interesting"or "truly special" might mean very different things to a different portions of their target audience. For some, a very extensive hit fest with the most generic setlist you can come up with might be the most "special & interesting" thing they could come up with, where as to many of us here something more adventurous would be a lot more preferable.

For what it is worth, I think that most Maiden tours from the past twenty years or so have been rather successful at catering stuff for more casual/nostalgia hungry and hardcore fans alike, which in my opinion certainly qualifies as "attracting people." ;)

I'm hoping for something particularly interesting as well, and frankly, I'm rather optimistic about that, as I've often praised their recent setlist approach.

That all bein said, and loosely connecting the above to the title of the topic, Bruce's small hints have usually meant something, so whatever is coming next year, I'm hoping to be positively surprised!
OK, I'm positive about IM plans too. Let's hope they surprise us all for good!

Some should remember that we got "Alexander The Great" played for the first time 37 years after its release. If that is not special, I don't know what is.
I won't rest until they play Futureal again though. I will boo after every song they play when I see them live until they meet my demand.

Alexander? Boo.
Infinite dreams? Boo.
To Tame a Land? Boo.
Only The good Die Young? Boo.
Angel and the gambler? Actually I might not be the only one on that one..

Not exactly, being honest this type of shows are always the money grabbing Enterprise. But, if the things are going on and you still wanna attract people you should do something really interesting. Next year we have 50 anniversary of band's foundation. It's a perfect occasion to do something special, Bruce just mentioned about "special project" and I'm rely on his words they do a special tour, documentary, something on their own. I'd like to be right with that. Even the stupid kid would make this opportunity a big event.

It is going to be a beer wrapped in a graphic novel.

A novel project indeed!

For anyone who is interested: In "Gitarre & Bass Das Musiker-Fachmagazine" 7/2024, Roy Z explains his gear.

I don't know whether I'll buy this issue, as there was nothing else in the table of contents that was relevant to me.
So I bought it yesterday, and those four pages of interview with Roy Z doesn't have a lot to offer at all. Which is not Roys fault, it's much more up to the journalist who asked stupid questions. For a normal rock mag that would have been okay, but since "Gitarre & Bass" is specialized literature for guitar players, the shallowness of this text is an embarrassing hoax, really.

So I bought it yesterday, and those four pages of interview with Roy Z doesn't have a lot to offer at all. Which is not Roys fault, it's much more up to the journalist who asked stupid questions. For a normal rock mag that would have been okay, but since "Gitarre & Bass" is specialized literature for guitar players, the shallowness of this text is an embarrassing hoax, really.

Wow, good to know. I had a change of heart and went back to the store today to buy it, but the one copy they had was gone. So I didn't miss out on anything.

But if the comics are selling well, why not continue to promote them anyway? You could use their popularity so far to draw even more attention to them.
I'm leaning toward the more likely scenario that the comics won't make the 12-issue run. Since Bruce isn't really promoting them, he might know by now the comic side of things is dead in the water.

It's hard to say if the comics are selling well enough or not. Nobody seems to be talking about them online, and I'm not even seeing ads from the publisher promoting them. As far as I'm seeing, all the Bruce fans are talking about is the album and the tour. But, other people might be seeing some talk of the comics on their various feeds, so my testimony is far from ironclad as far as the book's sales and visibility.

After the whole turn of things regarding Roy Z allover the past months, I seriously doubt yet that the planned re-releases of Skunkworks and BTP will ever come to happen.
Roy have probably already been paid for the job, so he can’t just drop doing his job unless Bruce says so

Back