Bruce Dickinson

Family bonds can be complicated and you can go through hard times with a brother as well ;)

Sure. I just can't imaging a situation where my brother went on drunken rants destroying his reputation and career and I would seriously go, so what, just a regular Suturday.
Even if I couldn't help him or we had a huge fight, it would still bother me in a way or another.

Has anyone commented on the change on Accident of Birth? I am thinking about the added chorus before the solo section.
Personally I think it's not needed at all and doesn't add anything to the song.
But it doesn't make it worse either so..
The original is the best with the long note, but I don't mind it. The added 2nd solo is a great idea imo.

It is unfortunate if Roy Z is back on the pop although it is hardly unheard of for musicians to fallout but then make up and work together again.

One of Bruce's live guitarists, Phil Naslund, is apparently a very experienced producer if Bruce wants to continue working with the live band. Whether any of them can write or not I don't know.

Regarding Roy's post: yet another disappointing behavior. Yeah, he's done it before and Bruce knows it, but you can't blame anyone else if you're not reliable for a tour. And what's with the ''name'' of the band? It's obviously the joke from ROTG video in which he participated!
From his wording, it seems like he was the one who didn't want to be part of the tour, but I really doubt it, and especially since he was part of the first tour poster and he was enthusiastic about the tour in an early interview. Bruce said there will be another album with Roy (they have a lot of demos), but who knows. He mentioned about some problems of Roy. It's sad, they both write so easy and great together. But I don't think we should compare them with Adrian and especially Steve, since in Maiden the music is more complex and Bruce experiments more (Sonata! which is very interesting for me). There's a reason Steve picked Eternity, as it's the best and most complete song from the album. Roy writes great riffs and (interesting) songs in general, but he needs Bruce (not the other way around, unlike in the 90's) - and I think the songs on TMP prove that. Songs like Ragnarok, Wounds and Shadow could work on a Maiden album because of their vocal ideas.
I think everything has a reason, including Bruce's decision, including Roy's productions, and including some songs not having solos or even riffs on the new album. I don't think Roy is past his musical prime (as we can hear from some solos like in Eternity, Sonata, or some riffs like in Ragnarok, Shadow), although it is odd that 4 songs on the new album are solely written by Bruce, especially when they wrote so many songs for it. Judging from the new album, one of the reasons could be that maybe Roy doesn't care much anymore (which is wow!). Plus he's not a big touring guy, he's mentioned that he prefers to work in the studio more and he's really proud of his bass playing on the album. The guitarists says that! Or maybe he wants to do the things his own way, that's why he is planning on starting TOG band again soon. But I remember from the interviews that he suggested some things about the songs to Bruce and they all ended up on them. He also encouraged Bruce to play instruments on his solo album.
I think he only brings magic with Bruce and imo that's obvious from the newer songs Ragnarok and Many Doors. Bruce can work with other musicians/producers, but the chemistry is important. And he speaks only great about him. It's not like Roy is making music with a lot of musicians now. We don't know exactly what happened, but should Adrian also be pissed off that they play his songs...?

Edit: I doubt we'll see the remixed albums anytime soon.

It would be a shame for me if they don't work together again (in the studio only), I like their chemistry and doubt it will happen. Bruce's live band could bring new and fresh approach to his sound and writing, who knows. That would be a big surprise now, even after these posts. From what I've heard of Philip's music on his channel (assuming it's original music), it's pretty good and modern metal.

Last edited:
For the last 3 festival shows, the setlist included: 10 songs, 9 songs and 14 songs. With Darkside Of Aquarius or Road To Hell as closers. They swapped places, while The Tower was skipped for the two shorter sets. No Skunkworks song or Navigate in these setlists.
Edit: Navigate and Faith replaced Book and Road for the next show.

Last edited:
I never gave much thought to how tall Tarja was, but if she's noticeably shorter than Bruce who isn't exactly...erm...towering, let's say, then she is pretty short indeed. Not that it matters, of course.

But the other Maiden members are not taller. I have never met them but in photos there does not seem to be much difference.

As for Tarja, I think she likes to wear heals so that is probaply why some thought she was rather tall.

But the other Maiden members are not taller. I have never met them but in photos there does not seem to be much difference.

As for Tarja, I think she likes to wear heals so that is probaply why some thought she was rather tall.

Bruce is the shortest of them all and there is indeed a noticeable difference, especially with Nicko.

Not that it matters, obviously.

Back