Bruce Dickinson

So, today's the day for London!

Has anyone heard any rumblings if "starchildren" is going to be played tonight?

I just tried messaging Bruce's Instagram, but my finger slipped and it sent a friend request instead!

If anyone is already friends with Bruce on insta and can send him a quick request message to play it tonight, it REALLY would make my night!

My Dad and I are going, and he has had some health issues recently. Starchildren is one of our favourite Bruce songs, so if it can be played tonight, it would just be something special :)

Cheers

Rainbow - Rising

For me, that was the record where I discovered Ronnie Dio on vocals. I was, like, "Who is that voice?' You know? And I was, like, 16 years old, and go, 'What the hell? That's Ritchie Blackmore.' And I didn't know that RAINBOW kind of existed. And it was on a little transistor radio in a garage. And I went, 'That sounds like Ritchie Blackmore.' And I waited till it finished. And the guy said, 'That was RAINBOW and 'Stargazer'. I went, 'Oh, my God.' It's one of the shortest albums ever made. It's like 35 minutes long, the whole album. But it's a classic. I'll take that over a 90-minute-long boring yawn fest.

Oh, the irony! :lol:

So, today's the day for London!

Has anyone heard any rumblings if "starchildren" is going to be played tonight?

I just tried messaging Bruce's Instagram, but my finger slipped and it sent a friend request instead!

If anyone is already friends with Bruce on insta and can send him a quick request message to play it tonight, it REALLY would make my night!

My Dad and I are going, and he has had some health issues recently. Starchildren is one of our favourite Bruce songs, so if it can be played tonight, it would just be something special :)

Cheers

Have fun and I hope your dad is well too!

Interesting, I wonder how Bruce feels about the length of Maiden albums nowadays. Surely he must feel they are a bit long, just look at the length of The Mandrake Project (59 minutes) compared to Senjutsu (82 minutes).

Personally, I think we could use 1-2 less long Steve epics. Orrr, they could cut some of the shorter songs, which are less interesting than the long songs to me. I’d like another single disc Maiden CD. And the 3 disc vinyl versions of Maiden studio/live albums are a bit too heavy!

Well he did write Empire of the Clouds. So he doesn't seem too bothered about long songs?

Decent turnout at Bull and Gate today.

Mistheria, Alexander Milas, Rob Coleman, John McMurtrie and Rod Smallwood plus quite a few fans.

Dickinson is prompted to quip; "I'm sure Steve is biting his arm off at the moment. I'm seeing him next week - we'll talk about it".

... leaving with a promise of more UK dates next year in "bigger venues".
I thought he said bigger venues the year after next

I was at the London show, had a great time. Bruce sounded fantastic as did the band. Good setlist as well

Sure he said he would be back next year, but I may have misheard him. He definitely said about playing a bigger venue next time
Something like that.

God knows if he sounded great, the crowd was deafening. Amazing! Can't wait for Oslo. And those who miss this tour, (GhostOfCain I am looking at you), I am sorry!

Back