Bruce Dickinson

Was he born 7 to 9 months after the release of the album? If not, it does not count, unless Lady Di was at the Rainbow show in November 1981 when they debuted the song. :lol:
How great if she had been though. It would be nice to think she got to have some fun before she married royalty and was thus forced to become boring ...

Really enjoying the book so far ... read up to 7th Son on a flight today .. it seems written pretty well ... so far nothing I would call earth shattering revelations, but some interesting stuff for sure.

Totally offtopic, but Tears of the Dragon has really grown on me lately. It used to be one of those songs that I just didn't get, despite really loving the Balls to Picasso album. Something about it has just clicked lately, the buildup into the chorus gives me goosebumps. It's also one of his great vocal performances. It's always nice when you get a different perspective on a song you've known for years.

Totally offtopic, but Tears of the Dragon has really grown on me lately. It used to be one of those songs that I just didn't get, despite really loving the Balls to Picasso album. Something about it has just clicked lately, the buildup into the chorus gives me goosebumps. It's also one of his great vocal performances. It's always nice when you get a different perspective on a song you've known for years.

Tears of the Dragon is one of the best things Bruce has ever sung, Maiden included.

That took a while indeed. I ran to the store when the single came out. One of the most cherish things I ever bought, with a notably longer instrumental section than the video version, and two b-sides I totally fell in love with.

Last edited:
Back