Bruce Dickinson

Anyone thinking about chances of Smith being involved in this new album?
Probably none, since they already are playing together in Maiden. But who knows, I wouldn’t mind a guest spot from Adrian on a solo Bruce song..

Got the Scream For Me Sarajevo LP and Blu Ray in the mail today ... funny, the place they mailed it from is 20 miles from my house .. on Billy Mitchell Dr (which kinda fits with Bruce)

Because he knew that with Maiden it would be truly magnificent.

Yeah, you're right :) It's strange that he has not kept this masterpiece song for his solo album. Everyone would want that kind of a song to be on their album...

That song is more than masterpiece - it is a whole experience and again shows that Bruce is an unbelievable songwriter !

Last edited:
Got the Scream For Me Sarajevo LP and Blu Ray in the mail today ...
Just got mine yesterday and watched it tonight. It's a little uneven and takes a while to get going; but without any spoilers, it has some really powerful parts.

The whole soundtrack is Dickinson and Maiden songs, including B-sides like "Acoustic Song" and "Eternal". Can't argue with that.

Just got mine yesterday and watched it tonight. It's a little uneven and takes a while to get going; but without any spoilers, it has some really powerful parts.

The whole soundtrack is Dickinson and Maiden songs, including B-sides like "Acoustic Song" and "Eternal". Can't argue with that.

I was lucky enough to catch it at the cinema in the town where I live, Got my blu-ray today and watched with with my girlfriend (not a Maiden/Bruce fan in any way) and she was blown away by it

Yeah, you're right :) It's strange that he has not kept this masterpiece song for his solo album. Everyone would want that kind of a song to be on their album...

That song is more than masterpiece - it is a whole experience and again shows that Bruce is an unbelievable songwriter !
As far as I know his new solo album will be conceptual, and EOTC is not part of it and was not even meant to be part of it. Unlike IESF. My only guess is that he wanted to advertise his new album in this way before it is even recorded - now everyone knows the title song and the name of the album, and the expectations are much stronger than could be.

I bought my copy on Friday and watched it yesterday. It was the third time for me, following the screenings in London at the Warchild film festival in September 2017 and the one with Bruce's Q&A in April 2018, but the first for my wife, who found it pretty moving.

I bought my copy on Friday and watched it yesterday. It was the third time for me, following the screenings in London at the Warchild film festival in September 2017 and the one with Bruce's Q&A in April 2018, but the first for my wife, who found it pretty moving.

I need to watch it still .. did not really have a good time to over the weekend .. .and out of town today and tomorrow. Really want to see it

Mine was sent on 29th so I guess it might be here soon. Need to dust off the LP player.

Finally got around to seeing the film over the weekend. It does start out really slowly, to the point that if I didn't know what the film was leading to I'd be slightly bored. But once they got to the concert part and discussing all that and through the end it was incredible. I'm amazed they even have footage from back then. Definitely a good watch!

My DVD arrived on Friday and I watched it on Sunday afternoon. Pretty much what I was expecting, up to a point, ie harrowing but rivetting, but what came across most strongly (much more than I expected) apart from the lasting impact on Bruce and the members of his band, was how much it really meant to the people living in that war zone that the concert happened at all. Those people who lived through that horror were able to convey a sense of what it was like in a way that no amount of news reporting ever could. Impressive, too, how they managed to find a Bruce song suitable for just about every section of archive film they included. Only slight complaint: where the participants are not speaking English it would have helped if they could have had their name/what they did on the screen for a few seconds before they started speaking, since most of us were going to be dependent on the subtitles. But all in all, a film that deserved to be made. Well done all concerned.

Last edited:
:) Thank you very much

I will watch it eventually. I can also help you all with translating what people in the background say at spots once I get the DVD, I don't mind that at all.

Back