Bruce Dickinson

Then what happened to Roy when he went off at Bruce on his FB page after Bruce had released his book? After that I was afraid Bruce would tell him to go to hell. But they seem to have settled all their disagreements. Though I keep wondering what happened between them...

As far as we know, Dave Moreno was recording drum parts for Bruce's solo album back in April:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiDdmdcHlTz/

According to the person who posted the picture, Dave's words were "Not just another day in the studio when Bruce Dickinson and Roy Z stop by to work on drum parts for a new Bruce Dickinson solo record . I recorded the drums on his last solo record " Tyranny of Souls " and I'm looking forward to this up coming master piece of songs Bruce and Roy have put together . A real honor to be a part of Bruce's musical legacy . Cheers !!!"

I guess that means that all is well between Roy Z and Bruce.

Then what happened to Roy when he went off at Bruce on his FB page after Bruce had released his book? After that I was afraid Bruce would tell him to go to hell. But they seem to have settled all their disagreements. Though I keep wondering what happened between them...
What happened? I’d not heard of this...

25 year old friendship and successful collaboration doesn't end with a drunken rant.

I'm also friends with Roy on FB and I think that the guy either hat anger managment issues or substance problems (Bruce even said that in his book, although in some kind of roundabout way).

Roy also seems to respect Adrian far more than Bruce, at least I got that feeling.

I'm also friends with Roy on FB and I think that the guy either hat anger managment issues or substance problems (Bruce even said that in his book, although in some kind of roundabout way).

Roy also seems to respect Adrian far more than Bruce, at least I got that feeling.

Perhaps Roy Z looks so bloated because he is so full of himself...

Anyone thinking about chances of Smith being involved in this new album?

Perhaps Roy Z looks so bloated because he is so full of himself...
I think that's not the case. He had problems with crack in the past, as Bruce said in his book (before he started working with Bruce).

He was in some kind of rehab in Hawaii recently.

Anyone thinking about chances of Smith being involved in this new album?
I'd guess slim to none. He didn't get involved with the Best Of Bruce Dickinson or Tyranny Of Souls albums, and he didn't have any other solo projects going on at that time. I also haven't heard any mention of his involvement with the half an album's worth of songs that Bruce and Roy supposedly have in the can already.

I saw Roy playing a gig while being drunk , and he behaved ugly . I had no idea he'd been an addict in the past , but he has some issue . I'd say he's bitter and envious , especially after his failure with Priest.

I'd guess slim to none. He didn't get involved with the Best Of Bruce Dickinson or Tyranny Of Souls albums, and he didn't have any other solo projects going on at that time. I also haven't heard any mention of his involvement with the half an album's worth of songs that Bruce and Roy supposedly have in the can already.

Well, Roy said that he really wants to work with Adrian and has been his guest during TBOS in LA.

Also H has a 2nd house in Malibu (AFAIK), so anything is possible.

I think that's not the case. He had problems with crack in the past, as Bruce said in his book (before he started working with Bruce).

He was in some kind of rehab in Hawaii recently.

Oh, the bit about rehab is sad to hear. Let's hope he can control his internal demons, because he did not look good in recent pictures (really overweight).

I saw Roy playing a gig while being drunk , and he behaved ugly . I had no idea he'd been an addict in the past , but he has some issue . I'd say he's bitter and envious , especially after his failure with Priest.
What happened to him and Priest? o_O

I want a new Bruce solo album 'till the end of the year :blush: I always wondered why Bruce doesn't save Empire Of The Clouds for his solo album....

But maybe we will get his version of If Eternity Should Fail - the idea of a concept album with that song as the title track is cool. And let's not forget the song Nightmare, that Steve also wanted for TBOS album - I think this song will be top-notch !

I also wonder why Bruce gave Eternity to IM, if that's his title song! How could he've done it??? What did Steve promise him for that??? lol

I want a new Bruce solo album 'till the end of the year :blush: I always wondered why Bruce doesn't save Empire Of The Clouds for his solo album....

But maybe we will get his version of If Eternity Should Fail - the idea of a concept album with that song as the title track is cool. And let's not forget the song Nightmare, that Steve also wanted for TBOS album - I think this song will be top-notch !

Nightmare? Wow, where was that mentioned? Sounds interesting. And well, Bruce has already said that he will re-record (and he's probably already done so) If Eternity Should Fail for the solo album. Empire of the Clouds, as different as the arrangement indeed is, feels more like a traditional Maiden song than IESF; I mean, the lyrical content, story, melodies... It's very unique, but at the same time it feels even more natural on a Maiden record than on his solo album. IESF is thematically much closer to Bruce's last three or two solo albums. So I suppose that's why he didn't do Empire for his solo album. And in the end, hasn't he already stated that Maiden is the top priority and the whole EOTC was created during TBOS sessions: it's a bit different thing to include a song from your solo work to a Maiden album than write a mammoth-sized, beautiful epic in Maiden sessions and decide to save it for your solo release instead. :D

Nightmare? Wow, where was that mentioned? Sounds interesting. And well, Bruce has already said that he will re-record (and he's probably already done so) If Eternity Should Fail for the solo album. Empire of the Clouds, as different as the arrangement indeed is, feels more like a traditional Maiden song than IESF; I mean, the lyrical content, story, melodies... It's very unique, but at the same time it feels even more natural on a Maiden record than on his solo album. IESF is thematically much closer to Bruce's last three or two solo albums. So I suppose that's why he didn't do Empire for his solo album. And in the end, hasn't he already stated that Maiden is the top priority and the whole EOTC was created during TBOS sessions: it's a bit different thing to include a song from your solo work to a Maiden album than write a mammoth-sized, beautiful epic in Maiden sessions and decide to save it for your solo release instead. :D

The song ''Nightmare'' - I read it somewhere and it has been discussed here, a 1 or 2 pages back. Steve also wanted it for TBOS album, but it has been written by Bruce and Roy and he doesn't want songs that are written by someone else not in the band ! I think it will turn out to be a great song, since Steve want it - the other songs that he took from the Bruce solo albums are also very good as we all know - BYD... TTS and IESF ;)

Last edited:
Back