Bruce Dickinson

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Black Abyss Babe

Black Abyss Babe Ocean soul

Is this the one you mean?

MrKnickerbocker and Black Wizard like this.
  2. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Yes! Perhaps I just watched a video from that tour and felt like I was there or something, or perhaps he said it at the Glasgow or Aberdeen shows in 2011. I'm glad I wasn;t completely wrong though! :lol:

Black Abyss Babe likes this.
  3. Black Abyss Babe

Well, your slight misquote did sound familiar and it's basically what I remember him saying as well. But listening to it again now it sounds like what he meant was that he only makes metal horns when he wants to salute Dio :).

4. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

Thanks for posting the video. He says that it is the only time you'll see me doing this on stage, but does not say anything about not doing it anywhere else. :D

5. Black Wizard

I'm still sure he said that he wouldn't do it anywhere else as well.

6. GhostofCain

I'll believe when you post some proof of it. :D

7. GhostofCain

For those interested, Bruce was featured on BBC Radio 4 Inheritance Tracks the other day, choosing two songs: one inheritance track (Deep Purple's Child in Time - funny how he makes a mistake on the album title :lol: ) and one to pass on (Arthur Brown's Fire). You can download the podcast from the following link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p066z4fz

Arthur Brown mentioned Bruce's gesture the other day:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiwpXrnh...ellfire_actual

I think Bruce might have helped Arthur in the past in some ways (I remember Arthur standing in for Bruce for his radio show one summer when Bruce was touring with Maiden)...

Forostar likes this.
  8. Black Wizard

For a guy who hates the BBC he's been a frequent guest of Radio 4 recently...

9. GhostofCain

Being critical of how things were done at 6 Music and money was wasted by the executives does not automatically make one a hater of the BBC. ;)

By the way, by his own admission he usually listens to Radio 4.

10. Black Abyss Babe

Also remember that Arthur Brown appears on TCW - I think the bottom line is that they're friends.

Diesel 11 likes this.
  11. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

12. Black Wizard

Plenty of time between Nova Rock and Prague.

13. GhostofCain

14. matic22

That's different, though. He said that he wants to speak as little as possible during the tour, because it helps the voice (other singers also stated that). This is the polar opposite of that statment.

15. Black Wizard

Well Bruce said that he was bullied at school for being a gobby little shit (or something to that effect). That clearly hasn't changed.

16. matic22

Or, there is another explanation. They pay more than Rodney and Bruce said fuck it.

:D

17. GhostofCain

A 45 minute talk is not that much talking; the flying in the past to different places was probably more detrimental to his vocals.

18. GhostofCain

:lol: :lol:

19. Black Wizard

He'd have said it in a much more long winded manner though, or taken the Iron Maiden approach:

And Bruce said fuck it
    And Bruce said fuck it
    And Bruce said fuck it
    And Bruce said fuck it

Dr. Eddies Wingman and Diesel 11 like this.
  20. GhostofCain

:lol:

Joking aside, let's not forget that they are professional musicians and know what they are doing.