Blaze Bayley

Seeing Blaze in a few weeks. I would love to see more material of The Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror, but I understand that's not the type of music this lineup wants to play. I look forward to hearing The Angel and The Gambler and the songs of the first Infinite Entanglement album. Hopefully the songs of the last two will grow on me.

Seeing Blaze in a few weeks. I would love to see more material of The Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror, but I understand that's not the type of music this lineup wants to play. I look forward to hearing The Angel and The Gambler and the songs of the first Infinite Entanglement album. Hopefully the songs of the last two will grow on me.

The second one's my favorite, mainly because it has the three strongest songs in the trilogy, in my opinion: "Remember," "The World is Turning the Wrong Way," and "Together We Could Move the Sun." I've been trying hard to get into Part III, and while I like it quite a bit, I don't love it as much as I do the first two.

I think I prefer the first one, despite the vast improvement in production quality on part II. Escape Velocity might just be the best short rocker Blaze has done in years though. I haven't listened that much to part III yet, so I'm hoping it'll grow on me eventually.

There will be a Blaze Bayley DVD soon: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex...rench-concerts-to-be-filmed-for-upcoming-dvd/

Two concerts by British heavy metal vocalist Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE) in Nancy, France will be professionally filmed and recorded for a DVD and CD release. The May 25 and May 25 gigs at the Chez Paulette pub will be very special evenings because the first night will see Blaze and his band play a setlist voted by fans, while the second night will be focused on the three albums of the "Infinite Entanglement" trilogy.

Message to Steve Harris: if there is demand for a Blaze Bayley DVD, there surely is also for a new Iron Maiden Live DVD, unlike what you claimed in the latest FC mag.

Message to Steve Harris: if there is demand for a Blaze Bayley DVD, there surely is also for a new Iron Maiden Live DVD, unlike what you claimed in the latest FC mag.

Just because he is putting one out, not sure what the demand is ... no slight on Blaze, but I would be shocked if he sold these in any kind of numbers.

I think live DVD releases are actually better for smaller acts these days. Blaze may have a smaller following but they’re probably more dedicated and will purchase most of what he puts out. The people who will do the same for Maiden make up a much smaller percentage of their audience.

I think live DVD releases are actually better for smaller acts these days. Blaze may have a smaller following but they’re probably more dedicated and will purchase most of what he puts out. The people who will do the same for Maiden make up a much smaller percentage of their audience.

They might be a much smaller percentage of their audience, but still would be a quite significant number of DVDs sold.

But a band like Maiden has much more quality shit on youtube (tv footage from festivals etc) so maybe thats more competition for a dvd as compared to Blaze

Maiden can drive a larger recurring revenue from streaming compared to a smaller act, though. I wouldn't be surprised if their cost-benefit analysis indicates that they are around the same for Maiden to not produce the full physical media.

Last night Blaze did a fan voted setlist. They completely stepped away from the tour setlist!

• Voices from the Past
  • The Launch
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Ghost in the Machine
  • Alive
  • Soundtrack of my Life
  • Born as a Stranger
  • Watching the Night Sky
  • Fortunes of War
  • The Day I Fell to Earth
  • Kill & Destroy
  • Blood & Belief
  • Como Estas Amigos

• Judgement of Heaven
  • Speed of Light

Very cool to have Fortunes of War and Judgement of Heaven in there. I like that Blaze and Absolva put out alot of music, but the back catalog has really suffered the last few years. Happy to see some tracks of Man Who Would Not Die and Promise and Terror!

Back