Blaze Bayley

Tuned down to D, makes a pretty big difference. His voice is also more powerful now than with Maiden.
Considering he is not a tenor it should have been tuned down to D if they did it with him and if Maiden wanted to show any mercy :)

I saw Blaze with @Lampwick 43 last year and I would gladly go again. Ticket prices are ludicrously reasonable and the man is simply the nicest.

I saw him at the Rockpile in Toronto last year. I went in with low expectations, but was blown away. A great mix of solo, Maiden and Wolfsbane material. The meet & greet after was a nice touch. (It was also one of the cheapest concerts I've been to in years).

A great interview with Blaze, he talks about his new trilogy of albums, Bruce, and influence Steve had on him:

Thanks. Good interview.

I am revisiting the Infinite Entanglement trilogy on Spotify and, whilst enjoyable, it does not enthuse me as much as Silicon Messiah (better than anything Blaze did with Maiden as far as I am concerned), Tenth Dimension or The Man Who Would Not Die.

Anyway, it is nice to see him happy with what he is doing and I would definitely go and see him live if he ever comes to my neck of the woods.

I still did not listen to part three, I really want to do it as soon as possible. The first two parts were great, among his best records in my opinion. So sad he didn't visit my city on this tour, I really wanted to see him again. His shows are always super cheap, have great variation of songs, and you always have a meet and greet. You can't really ask more from the guy.

I liked part II the best. A great record. Part III I've barely listened to. Anyone want to convince I should put the effort in? (It didn't immediately click.)

I liked part II the best. A great record. Part III I've barely listened to. Anyone want to convince I should put the effort in? (It didn't immediately click.)

I wouldn't say it's better than Part II, but it's a very strong record. It took a couple of listens to get into, but I'd say that from the middle to the end it's pretty amazing. The First True Sign and Human Eyes work beautifully together and the closing songs are pretty ambitious, but they turned out very good and fulfilling. The first couple of songs aren't bad either, but they're pretty much the standard Blaze-rockers already seen. That doesn't make them any worse, but they're more or less the same as Escape Velocity of A Thousand Years etc. Great stuff!

Blaze really does give a super amazing performance and he doesn't let small crowds bring him down. When I saw him, there were about 50 people there and he acted like he was in front of 50 million! And his meet and greets are FREE! :D

Blaze really does give a super amazing performance and he doesn't let small crowds bring him down. When I saw him, there were about 50 people there and he acted like he was in front of 50 million! And his meet and greets are FREE! :D

This is one of the reasons I have mad respect for him. Based on his solo discography and live performances he really deserves more people coming at his shows.

Thanks 7th Son, that is a very nice interview.

You are welcome! :cheers:

Another great thing about seeing Blaze is that it's a chance to see Virus performed live.

Indeed, it is one of the best songs from his era. Unfortunately he did not play it when I saw him live, but he did have some deep cuts from his own songs, so I can't complain. I really hope I will have a chance to see him again!

Also, my Best of the Beast needs signing, it looks so bare between my signed X factor and Virtual XI. :p

Time I was him, Feb 2017, I got Virus, Clansman, Lord of the Flies, Futureal and Man on the Edge. I'll probably go again in September. Good time for a nap if he does Angel and the Gambler

He very rarely does any Maiden songs besides Man on the Edge, Futureal, Lord of the Flies and Clansman. You guys are lucky.

Don't misunderstand me, I don't go to his shows to hear Maiden stuff, I want to hear as much of his solo stuff as possible, but a rarity like Virus or even Angel would be a cherry on the cake.

I do see Virus in recent shows and it's on at least one of his live albums. I thought that was a regular for him that he always did. Either way, a super great show is guaranteed.

Back