Blaze Bayley

The last thing I whittled was a letter opener knife jobby, directed by a Scout brand whittlin book. Upon completion I looked at my new paper knife in one hand and thence at my actual knife in the other hand, and I thought "thems fingers that are perfectly capable of opening an envelope."
Like, what the fuck happened in human history that led to the situation in which our ancestors thought "ye know what, folks, we have fuck all to be at so lets design and create something to open an envelope. I know that its hardly Fort Knox but stay with me here, this one has legs." Shite hawkery of the highest order, they should all be ashamed.

I've yet to listen to "The Redemption of.." as I'm binging on Testament at present. But I will say this, I've listened to every album Blaze has sung on (including Wolfsbane) and in my opinion, he has never sung on a bad album.

Also, his bassist is a frigging huge bloke. Not just tall, but big with it. If he was to say he plays second row for Saracens, I'd believe him.

The last thing I whittled was a letter opener knife jobby, directed by a Scout brand whittlin book. Upon completion I looked at my new paper knife in one hand and thence at my actual knife in the other hand, and I thought "thems fingers that are perfectly capable of opening an envelope."
Like, what the fuck happened in human history that led to the situation in which our ancestors thought "ye know what, folks, we have fuck all to be at so lets design and create something to open an envelope. I know that its hardly Fort Knox but stay with me here, this one has legs." Shite hawkery of the highest order, they should all be ashamed.
That's not the point though - didn't it occur to you while you were doing it that using a pocket knife to carve bits out of a stick is actually fun?

TAATG is better live but it's still not that good of a song, especially for the live set. I very much enjoy the build-up and the solos but the rest of it...it's a three chord song FFS.
There is a pro shot version from Japan and Nicko is all over the place - not in the sense of jamming/overdoing but being out of time on kicks (especially after the calm part) which is quite strange.

Blaze delivers 100%, Nicko doesn't

Edit : audio / video desync going on there but don't let that fool you. Just listen carefully for the bass kicks.

Dang, that's probably the best audio I've heard from a VXI show. Anyone know where I can find a recording of the whole thing? Looked on YouTube and this was the only one I found from Japan in '98.

"Blaze has stories about the crazy stadium tours, writing and recording two albums with Maiden, and working with guitarist Steve Harris."

Back