Blaze Bayley

Saw Blaze tonight at the Camden Underworld. Blaze and the band put on a great show

They played Futereal, Virus, The Angel & The Gambler & Man On The Edge from the Maiden years :)
No Clansman? That's strange.

When I saw him last year, they played Futureal, Man On The Edge and Clansman.

(Maybe he asked Bruce or someone if they are doing something from his time in Maiden this year, so the fans don't see the song twice and compare...)

Saw Blaze tonight at the Camden Underworld. Blaze and the band put on a great show

They played Futereal, Virus, The Angel & The Gambler & Man On The Edge from the Maiden years :)
I was there too! As was @Albie. Very good show, and good that Blaze & co. made it considering the chaos of the last few days which caused cancellations and postponements to the tour. 'The Angel and the Gambler' was definitely a highlight, particularly with the solos from each band member and Blaze's mock outrage at each of them.:D

I was there too! As was @Albie. Very good show, and good that Blaze & co. made it considering the chaos of the last few days which caused cancellations and postponements to the tour. 'The Angel and the Gambler' was definitely a highlight, particularly with the solos from each band member and Blaze's mock outrage at each of them.:D

Glad you still made it...I was meant to go on holiday but got snowed in :/

Did they play less choruses, or keep it like the album version of Angel?

It was definitely different. Blaze even said so before playing it. I think it was shorter. I'd have liked it there'd been an acapella singalong of the chorus like Blind Guardian do with 'Valhalla'.

There was...

A reduction in choruses
Definitely a reduction in choruses
A reduction in choruses

A reduction in choruses
A reduction in choruses

A reduction in choruses
A reduction in choruses

x22

Interesting fact: when I was queuing for the cloakroom after the show I glanced round and accidentally noticed who the guy behind my was texting. The name at the top of the screen was Paul di'Anno.:huh:

No Clansman? That's strange.

When I saw him last year, they played Futureal, Man On The Edge and Clansman.

(Maybe he asked Bruce or someone if they are doing something from his time in Maiden this year, so the fans don't see the song twice and compare...)
Blaze to Maiden (Bruce or whoever): "Guys what are you guys doing in 2018, some stuff from my time in the band? Which one(s)?

Maiden: "We don't know yet but certainly not The Angel and the Gambler".

*Blaze decides to play TAATG*

Last edited:
Blaze didn't start to perform The Clansman until maybe 11 years ago (starting with Alive in Poland DVD) so for me it's not a surprise that he wants to try other songs.

Yeah I know. I thought it would be nice to be a fly on the wall when TAATG is discussed in band surroundings. ;-)

Yeah I know. I thought it would be nice to be a fly on the wall when TAATG is discussed in band surroundings. ;-)
I know what you mean. Surely, at some point, it would have got back to Blaze or Maiden that TAATG is widely regarded as a flawed track, with so many other songs to choose from.

That said, I would probably enjoy it live as I missed the Blaze era live.

I listened to a bootleg (Madrid 98) yesterday and really enjoyed this song (plus The Educated Fool!)

TAATG is better live but it's still not that good of a song, especially for the live set. I very much enjoy the build-up and the solos but the rest of it...it's a three chord song FFS.
There is a pro shot version from Japan and Nicko is all over the place - not in the sense of jamming/overdoing but being out of time on kicks (especially after the calm part) which is quite strange.

Blaze delivers 100%, Nicko doesn't

Edit : audio / video desync going on there but don't let that fool you. Just listen carefully for the bass kicks.

It was great live. I love how the chords slowly but securely start to vary from the instrumental mid piece and onwards.

I have been listening to the latest Blaze album on repeat for the past week, absolutely fantastic album, the best since TMWWND.

I haven’t found a song I dislike so far and it offers plenty of replay value. For me it is also better produced than the preceding two albums

I must admit that I hadn’t given the two previous albums in this trilogy much of a listen as I was put off Blaze’s solo album following The King of Metal

Just listened to this. I like the music, some crackin rockers and riffs that no doubt are great live, but.....Blaze, at (many) times sounds like a parody of himself. You can feel/here him force the baritone at times, like he has trouble transitioning down and its jolting for me. A bit more bass in the mix would also go down well. And unless its my ear, his place in the mix changes from time to time, within the same song, sometimes he really sounds like hes singing on a different song, it feels totally pasted over the top, from a different room, like the band are one unit and he is a separate entity. I've listened to most of his albums but mostly only once or twice so maybe hes always like that, I cant remember. I like Blaze and I'm sorry to be so negative but I cant help thinking that these songs would be better with a different singer, for the most part.
His website says that more dates will be added so I hope he comes my way and I'll still go see him, he was brilliant the last time.
Overall; better than not listening to it.

Back