Blaze Bayley

'The Redemption Of William Black' is the title of the new album. 'The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg' anyone?

'The Redemption Of William Black' is the title of the new album. 'The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg' anyone?

Well I don't think he planned his title through 3 albums just so it could line up with a Maiden-song... ;) But it is a natural title considering the story he's been telling.

Well I don't think he planned his title through 3 albums just so it could line up with a Maiden-song... ;) But it is a natural title considering the story he's been telling.

No, I dont think so either. The first one is called Infinite Entanglement, while the other parts have that name plus seperate names

If only he wouldn't do the "Ooh, Ooh" part in what is the most interesting musical part of the track....the violin/guitar interplay! Otherwise it IS pretty good!

Just watched this thanks to @Lampwick 43:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=186&v=FBCuDbUvxkQ

And I think it really showcases the way Blaze's voice has matured, and some incredible power that the man has. Don't get me wrong, I've always thought Blaze had a great voice, but this is one of the fantastic highlights of his strengths.
Fab, isn't it? I was just saying somewhere elsewhere on the forum that nice as the cover is musically, it's Blaze's voice that's the highlight. He puts so much passion into it.

Incidentally, if you haven't checked out all of Thomas Zwijsen's Maiden covers, do it. I adored his IESF and Ghost of the Navigator for bringing out a whole different side to those songs.

With Bruce out of the way, it's time for some solo Blaze.

Silicon Messiah was fucking awesome. 9/10

The Redemption of William Black dropped today. Listened on Spotify - I'll buy physical media when Blaze is on tour, I think, to make sure he gets the most money from it. I enjoyed it quite a lot! I'll likely listen to all three Infinite Entanglement albums on the way to Montreal today for Sabaton.

Infinite Entanglement trilogy is a very solid piece of work. After the inconsistent The King of Metal and two... um, above-average new songs on his collection (Hatred and Eating Children) I had some serious doubts about this project. Ambitious sci-fi concept album sounded like a another almost embarrassing output. But damn, it was great. The production was pretty poor and stripped down, but songwriting and performances were top notch! And the same goes for two successors. Chris Appleton really brought a lot of great things to Blaze's songwriting and the results are pretty outstanding. Blaze operates - for most of the time - in a rather limited musical playground but he really does pretty much everything right there.

Excellent heavy metal, that's what it's all about and that's what Blaze does so fucking right. Seriously, there isn't too many different tricks (then again, some of the recent stuff is actually pretty adventurous!) but you can't really find that much repetition or anything like that. The way Blaze makes this pretty basic recipe bend and form all these fantastic tracks is pretty brilliant.

Yup, there are a couple of weaker tracks and production issues. But the way Blaze came up with three great records with some outstanding compositions really deserves a lot of praise. He has always been a great songwriter and this collaboration with Appleton works very well. Blaze can come up with very decent stuff on is too, but the results have always been better when paired with another good songwriter. To complete each other's ideas, so to speak. There was Blaze with Maiden guys, then with Slater and the rest of the Blaze band guys, then there were Bermudez and now we have Blaze+Appleton. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Ambitious sci-fi concept album sounded like a another almost embarrassing output. But damn, it was great. The production was pretty poor and stripped down, but songwriting and performances were top notch!

Haven't listened to the last one yet, but I agree on part I & II. The King of Metal was embarassingly bad in places - both in production and songwriting (mostly lyrically). Though I did and do like some parts of it still.

Back