Battle Of Covers: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Adrenaline Mob do a great job. Also voting for DragonForce because I picked it. :lol: The verses work well as a DragonForced-up cover, but it rapidly sounds silly when you move into the chorus. Fantastic fact, incidentally - Ring of Fire was only popularised by Johnny Cash, it was written by his wife, June Carter Cash, and first recorded by his sister-in-law, Anita Carter.

Kill The King
Very stale and by-the-book cover of a legendary original... I don't see the hype :p Their cover of Mob Rules is way better.

Hangover
Original song isn't really my thing (it's rap, hip-hop or some crap like that), so this cover is quite an upgrade. They manage to Alestorm it quite successfully :D

Parasite
Heard the original, but never thought it's anything special and same goes for this cover.

Ring Of Fire
One of my favorites in this game, it's hilarious in a good way :D Gets my vote as its my 2nd favorite in this round.

Out In The Cold
Way better than the original, mostly because of the polished production and overall way more energetic performance. Gets my vote as my favorite song in this round :)

Adrenaline Mob and Witherscape are the two best covers here.
I despise DragonForce, and this Cashian abomination has only strengthened my feelings.

Kill The King
Very stale and by-the-book cover of a legendary original... I don't see the hype :p Their cover of Mob Rules is way better.

Hangover
Original song isn't really my thing (it's rap, hip-hop or some crap like that), so this cover is quite an upgrade. They manage to Alestorm it quite successfully :D

Parasite
Heard the original, but never thought it's anything special and same goes for this cover.

Ring Of Fire
One of my favorites in this game, it's hilarious in a good way :D Gets my vote as its my 2nd favorite in this round.

Out In The Cold
Way better than the original, mostly because of the polished production and overall way more energetic performance. Gets my vote as my favorite song in this round :)

1) Disagree. This is one of the few covers of classic metal songs we've seen so far that matches the edge of the original
2) Yep
3) Yep
4) Yes to the bold.
5) Yes. It's not marred by the overprocessing of Turbo.

I vote 2 and 5, but 1 and 4 deserve to advance as well.

Phase 1, Round 5 Results:
Kill The King and Out In The Cold are promoted; Hangover, Parasite and Ring Of Fire are eliminated.

Phase 1, Round 6:

Back