Battle Of Covers: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I heard the other songs, but again, I'll vote for the song I brought in myself. I can't help it that I like my own taste. ;)
No, but seriously, the energy in this performance, and the quality of the track itself, make me vote for it. I prefer Priest's original take on Diamonds and Rust, this version doesn't win in this field. I don't like the other performances that much.

Last edited:
Armoured Saint and Priest. I really like covers that bring something new to the original. Not opting for Maiden bias today.

Remember Tomorrow
Obviously heard the original :D Musically this cover is OK, but vocally nothing special... Just lacks that roughness that Di'Anno had in his voice. Sorry Knick :D

Saturday Night Special
Never heard the original. Bush is way better here although dunno how it compares to the original... It's a solid song, just doesn't do much for me.

Pictures Of Home
Heard the original, but never really cared about it. It's better than the cover at least, Zakk Wylde and his pinch harmonics can go to hell.

Sinner
Heard the original, massively overrated song on this forum (always goes too far in the Survivor). However, this cover is better than the original and doesn't really have much of a competition in this round, so it gets my vote.

Diamonds & Rust
Heard the original and it's nothing special. Same goes for the original cover. This version, however, slays :D One of Ripper's best moments in Judas Priest and one of rare songs he sang better than Halford. By far the best song in this round, gets my vote.

Phase 1, Round 8 Results:
Diamonds & Rust and Sinner are promoted; Remember Tomorrow, Saturday Night Special and Pictures Of Home are eliminated.

Phase 1, Round 9:

I wasn't familiar with any of these songs except Paint It Black, so I'm basically taking them as originals. And thus, Priest sounds good and it's cool to hear Marco singing such a strange song, so Tarot.

Paint It Black
Original is legendary. The cover is pretty good although it's a bit brought down by the weird production job. It has a very different feel compared to the original and has a replay value, so gets my 1st vote.

Underneath The Radar
Never heard the original. This cover is OK but nothing special really.

The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown)
Never heard the original. This cover is OK but I never really got the hype around it or why the band always seems to play it live.

Children Of The Revolution
Heard the original. Didn't really like this cover.

Mama
Never heard the original. I don't really like Genesis' vocalist so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have enjoyed the original more than this cover. It's a weird song really, but pretty enjoyable and Marco kicks ass. So this gets my 2nd vote.

"The Green Manalishi" is pretty cool. I'll also throw a vote to "Underneath the Radar" for the relatively successful genre transposition.

Phase 1, Round 9 Results:
The Green Manalishi (With The Two Prong Crown) and Mama are promoted; Paint It Black, Underneath The Radar and Children Of The Revolution are eliminated.

Phase 1, Round 10:

Well, I knew I would vote for the Rhapsody in Blue from the very beginning.

And the second vote goes to Sabaton, because - as you see - you can hear Amon Amarth in Sabaton, but you can't hear Sabaton in Amon Amarth.

Rhapsody In Blue
Never heard the original. The cover is enjoyable to listen but too long and not memorable.

Paranoid
Almost as good as the original. Certainly more energetic, vocals just as average as the Ozzy's :)D) and a funny outro :) Gets my 1st vote.

Am I Evil
Way better than the original. Beginning is epic as fuck, the rest of the song is just solid, but good enough to get my 2nd vote.

The Thing That Should Not Be
This isn't bad, but it adds nothing new compared to the awesome original.

Twilight Of The Thunder God
Sabaton covers are just plain bad most of the time, this one's no exception. Vocals are the worst thing about it tbh.

Megadeth and Metallica. I've got no problem with Sabaton's Twilight of the Thunder God cover, except I don't think they bring much to it.

Back