Battle Of Covers: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
"Summertime" is perfect.

Of the others, I liked Buckethead the most. Jett is fun but it's not much of a song to start with. Kamelot, while not bad, just feels like a similar but inferior version of the original.

New York Groove
Never heard the original. This was boring and repetitive.

Summertime
Never heard the original. Marge Simpson's vocals were annoying, otherwise OK song.

Sketches Of Spain (For Miles)
Never heard the original. This was OK but really uneventful.

I Love Rock 'N' Roll
Never heard the original. This was a breath of fresh air after the boredom of first 3 songs, definitely gets my 1st vote.

Where The Wild Roses Grow
I heard the original and it's great! This cover is solid and since it doesn't really have competition in this round, it gets my 2nd vote.

Btw, the studio version of that Frehley cover is awful compared to live renditions (like most Kiss related things).

Really came to life live IMO.

Phase 1, Round 6 Results:
I Love Rock 'N' Roll and New York Groove are promoted; Summertime, Sketches Of Spain (For Miles) and Where The Wild Roses Grow are eliminated.

Phase 1, Round 7:

Joan Jett, Yes.

I can't work out how The White Stripes didn't make a better job of this. There was so much potential for them to rework Jolene really well, but for me it just missed the mark.

Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
Never heard the original. This was very boring & generic.

Hurt
Never heard the original. This one kind of slipped under my radar considering I removed everything that's not at least rock... but it's an awesome cover so I don't care :p Gets my 1st vote.

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Heard the original, but it's not as good as this cover. Most likely because I'm too used to all the changes in Megadeth's version... which gets my 2nd vote.

Jolene
Never heard the original. This was boring.

America
Same as Jolene.

Phase 1, Round 7 Results:
Hurt and America are promoted; Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah), No More Mr. Nice Guy and Jolene are eliminated.

Phase 1, Round 8:

Back