Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

That's definitely a photoshop. All the edges are way too sharp, and H's hand has obvious borders on it against the white pickguard. Plus as said the lighting is way off, the guitar is completely uniformly lit.

Looks like a photoshop. The lighting on this picture is all over the place. But if it's not, it could be Dave's V that he used on Maiden England. AFAIK Adrian owns a white V, whichh was used on DOD.

And yes, I'll do the picture guides for Dave and Jan, as soon as I have more time.

I think on the Death On The Road Documentary where are shown all of Adrian's guitars it has that white V that you mentioned. Has he ever used it live on concerts ?

I think on the Death On The Road Documentary where are shown all of Adrian's guitars it has that white V that you mentioned. Has he ever used it live on concerts ?
No. But it was used on some rythm tracks on DOD.

Going back to the Accident Of Birth & Chemical Wedding tours, Adrian played a Jackson King V for the songs they played in Drop D and Drop D with an octave down effect (King In Crimson, Trumpets of Jericho).

Going back to the Accident Of Birth & Chemical Wedding tours, Adrian played a Jackson King V for the songs they played in Drop D and Drop D with an octave down effect (King In Crimson, Trumpets of Jericho).
Actually, he was doubling Roy's parts an octave higher. H only used "the molossian" guitar , which was the Dean, on Chemical Wedding (I still don't know what he was tuned to, but I assume it was either drop C or standard with bass A string on the bottom).

Actually, he was doubling Roy's parts an octave higher. H only used "the molossian" guitar , which was the Dean, on Chemical Wedding (I still don't know what he was tuned to, but I assume it was either drop C or standard with bass A string on the bottom).

I'm referencing the live performances, not the studio recordings. Live, they used their Drop D guitars (the ones they used on songs like Book Of Thel and Darkside of Aquarius) while using a BOSS Octaver pedal, as confirmed boy Roy Z.

https://twitter.com/itwaszero/status/717099662386159616

When you listen to the Scream For Me Brazil album (not the live concert, which has a terrible mix) the two guitars are panned hard to the right and left. Both channels have the octave down effect on the songs in A.

Darkside Of Aquarius (video)

King In Crimson (video)

King In Crimson (audio - better mix)

In the studio I'm sure their set up was different, but at least for this leg of the Chemical Wedding tour, they used Drop D guitars with the Boss Octaver.

I'm referencing the live performances, not the studio recordings. Live, they used their Drop D guitars (the ones they used on songs like Book Of Thel and Darkside of Aquarius) while using a BOSS Octaver pedal, as confirmed boy Roy Z.

https://twitter.com/itwaszero/status/717099662386159616

When you listen to the Scream For Me Brazil album (not the live concert, which has a terrible mix) the two guitars are panned hard to the right and left. Both channels have the octave down effect on the songs in A.

Darkside Of Aquarius (video)

King In Crimson (video)

King In Crimson (audio - better mix)

In the studio I'm sure their set up was different, but at least for this leg of the Chemical Wedding tour, they used Drop D guitars with the Boss Octaver.

Cool. Thanks for the info. However, I still don't know why H used the Dean on Chemical Wedding. It must be in a different tuning and I think it's drop C.

Hmmm, I can't think of any material off of AoB or TCW that would require a CGCFAD tuned 6 string guitar; I can't think of any song off the top of my head which would be in the key of C.

Perhaps while recording TCW he used a Dean specially set up in 6 string -- perhaps AGCFAD or AEADGB in order to track some of the rhythm parts in KIC and TOJ. I remember reading somewhere that they put bass strings onto guitars to do some of the drop stuff on TCW.

As an aside, I got a 7 string last year and have had a lot of fun playing along with those two songs while I have it in AEADGBE as opposed to BEADGBE. 7 string guitars were definitely around at the time of recording, you'd think it would've been easier to just use a drop tuned 7.

Hmmm, I can't think of any material off of AoB or TCW that would require a CGCFAD tuned 6 string guitar; I can't think of any song off the top of my head which would be in the key of C.

Perhaps while recording TCW he used a Dean specially set up in 6 string -- perhaps AGCFAD or AEADGB in order to track some of the rhythm parts in KIC and TOJ. I remember reading somewhere that they put bass strings onto guitars to do some of the drop stuff on TCW.

As an aside, I got a 7 string last year and have had a lot of fun playing along with those two songs while I have it in AEADGBE as opposed to BEADGBE. 7 string guitars were definitely around at the time of recording, you'd think it would've been easier to just use a drop tuned 7.

Well the thing is that he used that Dean on only TCW live. And it wasn't the backup for the King V Jackson, because on European dates he used his Goldtop for Book Of Thel in drop D.

TCW, the song, has a very low C chord on the chorus.

Edit: I watched it and it's a baritone tunning. It's BEADGB.

At 3:00 he plays the open E chord shape and it's a B major chord So baritone it is.

fear-of-the-dark4.jpg

That yellow Fender Stratocaster guitar of Janick is pretty awesome ! I think he used it on the Holy Smoke video, and as as seen in this picture, maybe live on the No Prayer tour.

Last edited:
View attachment 6664

That yellow Fender Stratocaster guitar of Janick is pretty awesome ! I think he used it on the Holy Smoke video, and as as seen in this picture, maybe live on the No Prayer tour.
It's not yellow. It's a natural finish 70's Strat, that used to be black (when he played with Gillan). I think it has Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders in it.

@matic22 - since you are the authority on this matter, I would like to see some predictions regarding the guitars that will be used during this tour, if you have time :p

@matic22 - since you are the authority on this matter, I would like to see some predictions regarding the guitars that will be used during this tour, if you have time :p
Well, if you ask.

For H, I predict that his standard tuned guitars will be the 8432 Jackson proto, Jackson production sig with JB and the green CS Jackson (this will probably be the most used guitar for standard as he uses it more and more). He will use the 8431 Jackson proto for drop-D, as he has for 10 years now. Then, if they play FOI, I predict that he will bring his Goltop Les Paul back out and it will be used on a couple other songs too. A new CS Jackson is also a possibility, since he can order a new guitar each year if he decides to (I think that was the case with Green Jackson and Xstroyer).

For Dave, I think he will mainly use his White "Birthday" White Strat (Acquired in 2017) and his trusty Sunburst California Series Strat. LP Axcess and the Black CS Strat will pop up here and there. He might also play a new Fender CS Stratocaster, since I think he can order a new CS guitar each year (he has done so in the last few years).

Janick, same old. Black main CS Strat, White backup Strat, Wireless Vintage White CS Strat, White "White Spirit" Strat on Wireless to throw around during IM and the Sunburst Sandberg for things like Wicker Man, Trooper or Prisoner. The LP would pop out if they play IESF again.

Steve? 71 P Bass, Fender CS Signature proto (darker blue on the edges), Crackled Blue P bass and the old Sig (Blue) P bass. CS Proto will pop out from time to time, otherwise it will be the 71 all the way.

Thank you for this.

On a side note, I just found out a photo on a Facebook page dedicated to H where he plays a Sunburst Strat during TFF tour. Is this from a concert or just rehearsals? I see that this axe has a rosewood fingerboard, while H's strats are all maple, as far I as know.

IMG_9174.JPG

Thank you for this.

On a side note, I just found out a photo on a Facebook page dedicated to H where he plays a Sunburst Strat during TFF tour. Is this from a concert or just rehearsals? I see that this axe has a rosewood fingerboard, while H's strats are all maple, as far I as know.

View attachment 6801

I doubt Bruce would wear his stage clothes just for a rehearsal. I would say this is taken in a gig.

Back