Adrian, Janick and Dave's guitars and Steve's basses

It's fine either way...I think splitting them works for now, but in the future there might be a much better place for the stuff.

Ok, the last 2 guitars of H's worth mentioning

Gibson Slash Signature Model, Rosso Corsa
-Seymour Duncan Alnico II pickups
-Slash logo taped over
-Used on FOTD and IM until the 2nd LA show in 2016
-Now owned by The Wild Lies's guitarist

*Can't find a photo currently

Jackson Soloist 12/6 Doubleneck, Red

-Used on COTD in 2007 and 2009
-Siamese headstock
-DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup on the 6 string
-Adrian had a small case on stage as a leg rest while performing the COTD solo with this guitar
-Possibly used on Out Of The Shadows on AMLOAD (12 string)
thump_6074805jacksondoubleneck.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to complete the same thing for either Janick or Dave in the next couple of days.

@Kalata
I don't know if you are trolling or not, but this topic is clearly titled guitars and was made by me for my fellow guitar enthusiasts. So please feel free to make another topic with Nicko's drum sets or another with Bruce's stage coustumes, but please stop littering this topic with photo of each thing that has seen stage during a Maiden show.

Thank you.

Why you delete my pictures of Nicko drum kits and Bruce costumes ! :mad::mad::mad: Now, I can't find them ! A lot of work for nothing :( Please bring it back, or transfer them to another new thread !!!

I'm not trolling, sorry if you feel it that way ! I think Steve basses belongs to this thread !!! But I want my pictures BACK !!!

Sorry again ! Now I've seen them - two new threads - ok, that's cool ! My mistake :confused: Cheers, mate :)

Why you delete my pictures of Nicko drum kits and Bruce costumes ! :mad::mad::mad: Now, I can't find them ! A lot of work for nothing :( Please bring it back, or transfer them to another new thread !!!

I'm not trolling, sorry if you feel it that way ! I think Steve basses belongs to this thread !!! But I want my pictures BACK !!!
It seems that your pictures of Bruce's costumes have been put here, don't worry! ;) https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/bruces-stage-costumes-over-the-years.70758/#post-706725
And this is where your pictures of Nicko's drumkit landed: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/nickos-drum-kits-over-the-years.70757/#post-706578

Maybe read the whole thread before you get angry next time.

Ok, Adrian's guitars part 2

(1990 - now)

Sunburst Floyd Rose Special Stratocaster #1

-H's main standard tuned guitar from 1996-2007, except Early Days tour
-Has had Roland synth pickup added before AMLOAD tour in 2006
-Appeared on all of the albums from Brave New World to The Final Frontier heavily
-Lighter colour around the edges than the other Sunburst strat
-Warm-up/backup guitar on SBIT 2008 tour
big_adrian_smith_001_082609.jpg

Did Adrian ever actually used the MIDI pickup on this guitar during live performances?

It's used for... something on BTATS, and nowhere else. I'd actually like a clarification on what exactly because I can't for the life of me figure out what part of that song has a guitar synth on it.

It's used for... something on BTATS, and nowhere else. I'd actually like a clarification on what exactly because I can't for the life of me figure out what part of that song has a guitar synth on it.
The opening riff.

Yes, I think the second part of CIPWM solo.

Edit : yeah definitely 2:43

Since we're discussing adding Steve's gear to this thread, and I'm curious: anybody know whether the synth at the beginning of the "Caught Somewhere In Time" intro was Adrian's Roland synth guitar, or Steve using either a MIDI bass or synth bass pedals? Steve makes more sense since the two guitars were doing a harmony. And if it was Steve, any info out there on what synth gear he used on the Somewhere In Time sessions?

According to setlist.fm, they haven't played "Caught Somewhere In Time" live since 1987, and on that tour it was the set opener and the intro was done via playback, before they burst out onto the stage when the fast part of the intro kicked in -- so I'm not going to get any clues from a live video. I'm trying to find a keyboard or synth patch that's close to that sound, but haven't found anything yet on my old Boss/Roland Dr. Synth module or my keyboard.

Last edited:
Since we're discussing adding Steve's gear to this thread, and I'm curious: anybody know whether the synth at the beginning of the "Caught Somewhere In Time" intro was Adrian's Roland synth guitar, or Steve using either a MIDI bass or synth bass pedals? Steve makes more sense since the two guitars were doing a harmony. And if it was Steve, any info out there on what synth gear he used on the Somewhere In Time sessions?

According to setlist.fm, they haven't played "Caught Somewhere In Time" live since 1987, and on that tour it was the set opener and the intro was done via playback, before they burst out onto the stage when the fast part of the intro kicked in -- so I'm not going to get any clues from a live video. I'm trying to find a keyboard or synth patch that's close to that sound, but haven't found anything yet on my old Boss/Roland Dr. Synth module or my keyboard.

It was probably multitracked. They probably put down the guitar harmonies and then H laid the synth track over them with his Roland G-707. I think the MIDI Jackson was only made for the tour. All the tracks on SIT were probably recorded with his custom HSH Jackson and G-707 and all the synths were recorded after the base tracks.

gr7072.jpg

For the studio he only used the standard G-707 controller, not one of his custom Jacksons. For the Jacksons he toured with they simply lifted the electronics from a G-707 and built them into a Jackson.

For the studio he only used the standard G-707 controller, not one of his custom Jacksons. For the Jacksons he toured with they simply lifted the electronics from a G-707 and built them into a Jackson.
I meant the HSH Jackson without midi and with its first neck with white headstock. And yes, the electronics of G-707 were probably transported into custom MIDI Jackson and the Lado Laser.

I think Roland actually sold the kits back then, they certainly did a year or two ago. Add that plus hacking up the body for custom routing and adding synth gear on any guitar would've been dead simple, so I doubt they transported anything, Jackson and Lado probably just built them to Adrian's specifications with synth gear from Roland built in.

Back