2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

Superb goal from Modric. Dreadful defending from Argentina though. Modric and his to teammates who had the ball before him had so much time on the ball. The Argentinian midfield didn't come back and left the three Croatian players in so much space.

The third goal was so easy.

Messi almost invisible. I wonder if he should play in midfield for Argentina. Mascherano can sit in front of the centre backs to win the ball and give it to Messi who can drive forward with it and push the opponents midfield back.

What Argentina showed after they went 1-0 behind, was appalling. After 0-1 they were utter shit. They were the better team in the 1st half and had more chances, but overall it appears they're a dysfunctional team.

If Iceland win tomorrow ... they're most likely through and Argentina are out. Hoooh!

Sampaoli is a moron.

So many wrong choices. It's clear that Argentina is bereft of any creativity in midfield and depends solely on Messi to create. You could combat that by playing Di Maria in the midfield trio, putting Lo Celso in there and playing Dybala as the #10. Instead he goes 3-4-3 and puts Mascherano and Perez, who don't have an ounce of creativity in them, in the center of midfield. To make matters worse goes for Tagliafico over Rojo and starts Meza again. Doesn't realize Biglia is a better choice than the corpse of Mascherano as the holding midfielder, either.

This is the lineup I would've gone with:

1692359_Argentina.jpg

What Argentina showed after they went 1-0 behind, was appalling. After 0-1 they were utter shit. They were the better team in the 1st half and had more chances, but overall it appears they're a dysfunctional team.

If Iceland win tomorrow ... they're most likely through and Argentina are out. Hoooh!
Argentina made the Copenhagen Metro look functional and reliable!
Sampaoli is a moron.
Argentina had three coaches in World Cup qualifying, Jorge Sampaoli being the third, and used 45 players without playing the same starting XI twice. I think they should go for someone like Luis Enrique now who knows how to play Lionel Messi. Or The Flash. He's probably cheaper.

Sampaoli is a moron.

So many wrong choices. It's clear that Argentina is bereft of any creativity in midfield and depends solely on Messi to create. You could combat that by playing Di Maria in the midfield trio, putting Lo Celso in there and playing Dybala as the #10. Instead he goes 3-4-3 and puts Mascherano and Perez, who don't have an ounce of creativity in them, in the center of midfield. To make matters worse goes for Tagliafico over Rojo and starts Meza again. Doesn't realize Biglia is a better choice than the corpse of Mascherano as the holding midfielder, either.

This is the lineup I would've gone with:

1692359_Argentina.jpg

Yup. I would maybe switch Di Maria for Pavon, but yeah.

Perez and Meza shouldn't be nowhere near starting 11.

Including teams now guaranteed to go to the knockouts:
19 - Saap
16 - Shadow, Flash
14 - LC, Wiz
13 - Ariana, Perun
12 - Niall, NP
10 - Forostar

I'm Mexican and is really sad what is happening right now with Argentina. There's some rumors about San Paoli letting messi do whatever he wants with the team organization so the other players, who Mostly plays in big teams in Europe didn't want to follow that kind of game tactics. So I hope they can reorganize the team letting everyone in equal parts doing their job.

Back