2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

Will Messi wake up and pull Argentina through the group stage like he did four years ago?

Or will Hrvatska contain him just like Iceland did, and win the game?

Time will show.

I think Hrvatska will play a bit more open than Iceland. But can Messi exploit that?

Only time will tell.

I agree with matic - Croatia have players of significantly higher quality who can hurt Argentina and will try to win the match.

I have mixed feelings about this group. Croatia are a team whom I've always enjoyed watching since their run to 3rd in 1998 so I'd like them to qualify. Iceland are everyone's favourite underdogs and their fans are fantastic, so I'd like them to qualify. I have no love for the Argentinian team but I would like to see the quarter finals will all the world's best players, such as Messi and Aguero. All three countries have also caused England misery in the past which I am grateful for. :D

Why is a donkey like Enzo Perez starting, while Banega and Lo Celso are benched?

This is beyond me.

Fun fact: One man has been head coach of two teams in this group, neither of which is his home country (but he has also coached the national team of his home country)

MISSING: diminutive white Catalan male in white and pale blue striped football shirt and white shorts. If found please contact Russian authorities.

Both teams suck. Rebic was always a great talent but as you could've seen in 1st half he isn't calm.

And Sampaoli reacts to this by bringing off Aguero and Salvio, who were by far Argentina's best two players so far. For Higuain.

Is he stupid?

Back