2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

It's probably just because Rory Delap played in the English Premier League that you think it's specific to him. Or perhaps he was a trailblazer.

It's probably just because Rory Delap played in the English Premier League that you think it's specific to him. Or perhaps he was a trailblazer.

You don't get my point, I'm talking in the context of Stoke City at the time. It was a response to NP's post, saying it wouldn't be a problem if Pulis was their coach. What I'm saying is that I think Pulis developed the long throws strategy because he had Rory Delap, a phenomenal thrower, on the team.

I didn't watch a lot of Stoke during Pulis' time, as no sane non-Stoke fan would, but from what I can tell from goal highlights they didn't really score a lot of goals through long throws after Delap left.

Very bad decision. It was definitely ball-to-hand. Poulsen's army was not in an "unnatural" position as you can't jump like that without using your arms for leverage. Never worthy of a penalty or yellow card.

Back