2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia (Maidenfans WC Pool inside)

The same thing happened two weeks ago in Italy when instead of celebrating the victory of a gold medal in a 4x400 relay a sadly big group of apes complained because the Italian athletes were all black girls. It's always a relief to discover that you're not living in the only country full of brainless racists shame when sport is ruined by these disgusting events.

Something also found his chest in that match:

giphy.gif

I'm torn on this match. I'd love to see Croatia win but I have France in my office sweepstake.

Let's not forget that moment was immortalized IRL hahahaha:

statue_2693969b.jpg

Best World Cup Final I've ever seen. The referee screwed things up with that joke penalty though.

Fair play to Mario Mandzukic. He has become the ninth player to score two goals in a World Cup Final.

I thought it was a fair penalty. Perisic has his hand open for no reason and it blocks the ball from advancing near the goal.

Hand was in downward motion and there was a defender behind him, both that and the foul for the french free kick before Mandzukic autogoal was on the edge, he didn't "have to" whistle neither of these. On the other hand that Perisic situation was insta-replayed so much I commented that referee better grant the penalty to the French or we get 4 years of shit talk against us. It is the awful luck that France have against Croatia deciding the winner again. I'm proud of our achievement but I hate the French even more after this. Nothing against them, I think they did extremely well on this WC and they won it, and I like their team. It's just the concept of the lucky French bastards I can't swallow right now, 20 years of pain against them in football and handball.

France are a great team, they've shown that 2 years ago. Congratulations to them and all their local maidenfans supporters. Also a big thank you to all people here that supported Croatia, the love that the country has been getting in the last week is immense and unforgetable.

France had a lot of luck, yeah. Own goal after a dodgy freekick, penalty that could've gone either way, horrible clearance resulting in a goal that caught the goalkeeper on the wrong foot and then another goal that caught the goalkeeper on the wrong foot. And they even managed to give away the stupidest goal of the year (yeah, even worse than Karius; Karius was dumb, but Lloris was cocky) and it was still enough to win.

They were totally out of luck in the EURO final though :p

horrible clearance resulting in a goal that caught the goalkeeper on the wrong foot and then another goal that caught the goalkeeper on the wrong foot.

Neither of those are lucky.

but I hate the French even more after this. Nothing against them, I think they did extremely well on this WC and they won it, and I like their team. It's just the concept of the lucky French bastards I can't swallow right now

A lot of contradictions in this statement.

These numbers may have contributed to why this World Cup was not my favourite:

73 goals from standard situations ("dead game moments"). A record. 3 of such goals in the final.
26 goals from corners: a record
22 goals from penalties: a record

Amount of own goals:
2018: 12 (this doubles the previous record)
1998: 6
2014: 5
1954: 4
2006: 4

ven worse than Karius; Karius was dumb, but Lloris was cocky
Karius was also concussed. :p

Also a big thank you to all people here that supported Croatia, the love that the country has been getting in the last week is immense and unforgetable.
Croatia will have the eternal gratitude of everyone from Scotland, Ireland and Wales. The rest of the world will probably forget about them for another two or four years, and Modric might be going to jail.

@The Flash I don't know whether you're following handball, there's a saga between France and Croatia there and French luck. That's for the contradictory part. "Hate" is there as a form of great rivalry and it appears when French beat us but they're worse than us. For the luck yesterday, if you think that was a foul on Griezmann try cleaning up your screen.

Croatia will have the eternal gratitude of everyone from Scotland, Ireland and Wales. The rest of the world will probably forget about them for another two or four years, and Modric might be going to jail.

The support was really heartwarming. Regarding Modric he'll be probably out on probation and a hefty fine.

Congrats to the champions, obviously, but kudos to Hrvatska for what they did, a remarkable achievement.
Rest of the world - maybe, but not our part of the world I think.

Back