2014 Tour Rumours

https://twitter.com/Sonisphereleak someone posted it over on the Download forums. Ive looked at his other tweets and he has produced the goods when it comes to saying who the headliners and bands are before Sonisphere have said. Im not saying hes 100% reliable as no one is unless they are from the company. But if they truly want to have a festival this year and make sure it lives up to the 40th anniversary of rock. Having the biggest British metal/rock band playing with Americas biggest metal/rock band would make it a sell out. Having a festival that consists of Iron Maiden and Metallica would truly be huge and memorable. But my guess is theyl get either Metallica or Iron Maiden not both.

Thanks, MaidenFC666. Always post links every time there is one :)

By the way, it won't be a "Sonisphere festival of sorts" as this picture of from the official Sonisphere Twitter:

4e00378977b6ff85e61ba34390d8ae02.png

Last edited:
If it really ends up being a 90's tour, I think it'll be shorter than SBIT and ME, more like The Early Days.

So, I think they do some 40 - 45 dates finally, maybe in the Continental Europe, some in the UK and in selected cities in the Northern States of the USA territory. A lot of gigs will be in the festival - like style I recon...

Of course it's a strong hint it'll be a 90s themed tour. ::)

We'll see... If I remember correctly, people also assumed Maiden were going to play a "90s focused" set at Graspop in 2011 when the 'Be quick or be dead' phrase was used to advertise the festival. ;)

They might do a 90s themed tour. Who knows? At this stage there is nothing confirming that. Anyway, if they end up doing a tour with lots of songs from the 90s it would quite interesting to see how Rod would market a tour based on their, in my humble opinion (shared by many others) weakest and arguably least successful albums. I feel they would end up doing something more like the "Give me Ed Til I'm Dead" tour, without focusing on a particular era. I might be mistaken though. :)

The 2011 tour was in support of the 'The Final Frontier' album and everyone knew that. In this case there's probably not a new album coming out and revived 90s-themed merchandise is being sold by Hot Topic, just like what happened with 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son'-era merchandise before the Maiden England tour was announced.

The 2011 tour was in support of the 'The Final Frontier' album and everyone knew that. In this case there's probably not a new album coming out and revived 90s-themed merchandise is being sold by Hot Topic, just like what happened with 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son'-era merchandise before the Maiden England tour was announced.

To be honest, I think people are making too much of the appearance of some rather tacky T-shirt designs at Hot Topic... They also have a new 'Stranger in a strange land' T-shirt and a new horrible "Killers tour '81" T-shirt too. ;)

I would be extremely surprised if they did a 90s based tour, with a stripped down show and lots of less than popular songs. I might be mistaken though, and I would be the first to admit it if that is the case.

Well you wouldn't really have a choice would you? :p

Not really. If it happens, that is. :lol:

It makes sense for them to do a 90s-themed tour next summer though. They already done all the 80s "history" tours so a 90s-themed tour would wrap things up nicely.

"Come and see us perform live staples from that era, like the singles 'The angel and the gambler' and 'From here to eternity'"... :lol:

Back