THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

Oh, it might help if I took the time to read all of the details. If I had done so, I would see that a video is in fact going to be released as a digital download which is much better than audio only which is what I was thinking when I made my post above.

It's still far inferior to DVD. You won't get anywhere near the sound quality or be able to take advantage of your awesome surround sound system with a digital download.

Yes. I think the idea was to use Donington 2007 (average gig for Maiden standards, with some technical issues too, like the intro tape for The Number of the Beast not working) and include the other songs off AMOLAD not played in 2007 as bonus tracks (one of the songs that Steve and Kevin are mixing in Flight 666 is The Longest Day).

As far as I can remember they were mixing FTGGOG, the 3/4 part.

The lack of DVD (and I'm not convinced a physical release will be announced later) is bizarre, but heres an alternate viewpoint: maybe they are testing the waters for a sort of video on demand service. I don't think it's a great idea for a major release like this, but a digital library of old unreleased video or various screen feeds would be a treat for hardcore fans. Especially since a lot of that stuff would never realistically be released on its own. Maybe Rod saw how many people tuned into the Wacken stream and saw potential for new revenue. Other bands like Metallica and Kiss have made all their shows on a tour available for purchase before, so it isn't exactly uncharted territory.

Quite convincing... and an interesting perspective. Iwould love to get many shows on professional quality footage.

The lack of DVD (and I'm not convinced a physical release will be announced later) is bizarre, but heres an alternate viewpoint: maybe they are testing the waters for a sort of video on demand service. I don't think it's a great idea for a major release like this, but a digital library of old unreleased video or various screen feeds would be a treat for hardcore fans. Especially since a lot of that stuff would never realistically be released on its own. Maybe Rod saw how many people tuned into the Wacken stream and saw potential for new revenue. Other bands like Metallica and Kiss have made all their shows on a tour available for purchase before, so it isn't exactly uncharted territory.

my favorite band (Phish) live streams almost all of their shows for a fee. now, they play a completely different set night after night so i'm not sure if it would generate as much revenue for maiden, but they could stream a handful of their shows each tour and I would certainly pay

I've been off the grid last few days so catching up with the news on the live release. Can't believe TOTC isn't on there? Get HBTN but hey we have plenty of live versions of that masterpiece! But what instantly caught my attention was ANOTHER BLOODY LIVE VERSION OF WRATHCHILD! Im now thoroughly irritated by this track. If they can't be bothered to learn Hooks In You they should leave the stage for 3 mins before there is a riot .

Seriously we need a vote on the best live version of wrathchild! Once Steve introduces it into the British lion set list we'll have even more live versions.

Seriously we need a vote on the best live version of wrathchild! Once Steve introduces it into the British lion set list we'll have even more live versions.

Wrathchild and Iron Maiden and Number of the Beast and Fear of the Dark and The Trooper and Hallowed Be Thy Name and Sanctuary...

I've been off the grid last few days so catching up with the news on the live release. Can't believe TOTC isn't on there? Get HBTN but hey we have plenty of live versions of that masterpiece! But what instantly caught my attention was ANOTHER BLOODY LIVE VERSION OF WRATHCHILD! Im now thoroughly irritated by this track. If they can't be bothered to learn Hooks In You they should leave the stage for 3 mins before there is a riot .

Look on the bright side, atleast this one isn't mixed by the caveman.

Considering that the number of "fan club" releases by a band like Marillion nears fifty, I'd say it's about time.

He has been replaced by Steve's footie mate.

I know Shirley is not liked by some, but as far as I am concerned, I'd rather have him producing the albums than go back to how things were in the 90s.
I agree with your last sentence. However, I feel that he has never made Bruce Dickinson sound well on studio releases (in my opinion), particularly on AMOLAD and FF. Let's hope Tony Newton will do better if he is invited to produce a new album.

Back