THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

Yeah, the lack of ToaC makes no sense... Or maybe it does if they wanted to take attention away from the lack of Hallowed if the the legal issues are indeed a problem. You know, now they can say "oh, we just wanted to replicate the second leg with this live album."

The only songs from this years tour are Wrathchild and The Great Unknown so it's obvious they wanted to do last years setlist but had to change their plans.

An Iron Maiden live album not primarily recorded in Latin America! :clap:

As I expected, 'Hallowed be thy Name' doesn't make it onto the live release.

I really don't like Tears of a Clown, so I won't miss it, but wow, what a stupid decision not to include!
It's all part of the untold (by the band, at least) "story" of not having to include Hallowed. 2017 setlist sounds like a convenient excuse, but we know better.

It's all part of the untold (by the band, at least) "story" of not having to include Hallowed. 2017 setlist sounds like a convenient excuse, but we know better.
Exactly. Do they think we don't know about the HBTN legal dispute or something? Totally pointless decision.

but weird not to have a DVD/BluRay release.
I'm kinda okay with it. Not again a live DVD from the current line-up. I am hardly watching these concert DVD's because there are too many to choose from. If there were no alternative to see these songs (a world without internet), or if the tour would have covered an amazing setlist with rare gems from the past, then I'd love to have a document. But most new songs from this tour I'm not that excited about (anymore; that's what happens when one gets a two years (or more) in a row tour), plus the most interesting TBOS songs were not played (everybody wants to have Empire and The Man of Sorrows on blu-ray of course). Plus not a single concert I've been to is part of the content. All in all: Fine Maiden, poop out the release, I will gladly buy the album, but that's about enough. Focus on the now and the future please.

Last edited:
Thank God for Iron maiden, I were never able to see them live on this tour, and I never thought they would release something of this tour, but they will do!

I'm really looking forward to this set

There will most definitely be physical DVD/blu ray coming out.

Films do it all the time these days, release the digital version for sale ahead of the physical version. It's far cheaper to release a download then sit back and see how many people buy it then they can properly work out how many physical copies they will need to produce.

I'll be happy with an iTunes video release to be honest. I've started to get more into digital lately as it really is a space saver and the quality of iTunes digital releases are superb. Plus it's so easy to access across my apple tv, iPhone and iPad

We show up but US crowds are a pretty reserved bunch, we don't go bonkers like South America/Europe...I would like to see US crowds show more how much they are into it.
This behaviour has always surprised me. I mean, when I watch basketball games, people in the crowd tend to shout, express their feelings. Why not at concerts, especially heavy metal ones?

I'm partial to the release. I seldom, if ever, watch Maiden shows from the discs themselves. They're for the "physical product" feeling and everything else, but I download best available lossless copy as soon as it appears. Why would I wear out DVDs if I don't need to? So while I have a shelf for Maiden CDs and DVDs, my primary collection is digital and it also contains hundreds of gigs of video bootlegs, all at a single place.

100% agree. But nevertheless: we needed another live version of "Hallowed" even less than another live version of "Wrathchild". I would have liked to see "Clown" on this release, instead of "Death or Glory". If I never have to see Bruce do that stupid "climb like a monkey" dance, it'll be too soon.

Being a pretty new fan, I hadn't gotten around to listening to Killers before I saw Maiden this summer. So, the first time I ever heard Wrathchild was actually in concert, and I really enjoy it. :bigsmile:

Wrathchild is a great song. That bassline is Killer! However, the same songs keep ending up on live album after live album. Even a "rare gem" like Children of the Damned is making its third appearance on a live album. For want of a Hallowed, the Clown was lost.

Back