THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

I really don't like Tears of a Clown, so I won't miss it, but wow, what a stupid decision not to include! I am still bitter about the missed opportunity of including the 2010 set on En Vivo (at least the songs that weren't duplicated).

The lack of a proper Blu-ray/DVD release might have something to do with the quality of the footage they have. What they're giving us is probably put together using standard recordings from cameras they use during shows. SoL definitely looks like it. It's probably easier to get away with subpar video when you make it a "digital bonus." Besides, maybe they had nothing interesting to add as extras for the physical release (or didn't bother to put something together ::)).

Not sure if I'll get this or not right away.
I kind of feel the same way. This tour didn't grab me quite like some others. I'll probably stream it when it is released and only buy it if it sounds great. And I pretty much never listen to En Vivo or SBIT, though I may dust those off and give them a spin again soon.

And I pretty much never listen to En Vivo or SBIT, though I may dust those off and give them a spin again soon.
Yeah, same. I only listen to a handful of live albums regularly - Rock in Rio is the one I usually go back to, although Death on the Road and Live at Donington get played sometimes too.

F*ckin get in!

I said on a recent thread it was a dream of mine to have a maiden gig I was at featured on an official release, so not only is there a home town gig from Dublin, but I was also at Donington!

I will now be able to tell my daughter that one the guys yelling the chorus of The Book of Souls and Blood Brothers was her silly daddy! :lol:

To sum up my thoughts, great to have a live album released (Speed of Light sounds really good; possibly not as good as some of Kevin Shirley's live mixes, but much better when Steve is responsible for the mix on his own) but weird not to have a DVD/BluRay release.

I appreciate a lot a release so soon after the tour. Newton did a great job on the remasters and is really good at mixing the BL gigs, so I'm happy he is involved. I liked the formula used on Real Live/Dead One, so my expectations are rather high. The visual, the release date and the restitution of full show make it look like an official bootleg.

Lads, this will be the definitive version of Wrathchild. All others will be obliterated from the space time continuum by the roar of the Dublin crowd. Maiden themselves will only be incidental to my vocal contribution! This will go down in history as the greatest rock n roll moment of all time.

This will be the 10th version of Wrathchild downloaded on my computer.

I will be preordering all versions of this release. I'm a bit disappointed Tears of a Clown did not make it as a bonus track just because it will never have an official live release.

I thought Speed of Light track they released sounded OK.

But I'm massively disappointed they aren't doing a physical release for the video portion. I tend to watch live albums more than listen to them, so that being an online only/streaming thing is pretty puzzling. Especially since they are doing the physical product for the audio (including a book like they did with BOS which was cool but pretty useless).

Also totally selfishly bummed that I somehow managed to see 7 shows on this tour and none made it to this live album ha.

That being said - not a huge fan of live albums done in different places. For most bands it's ok, but Bruce is going to be asking like 5 different cities to scream for him on here (as with Flight 666) which just takes away from it feeling like a full concert. I really, REALLY hope they don't place gaps between the tracks like they did for F666 - not a fan of the fading out of each song. Live albums should attempt to convey a live show as best as possible even if they are from multiple shows.
What I intend to do is: capture the streaming, put it on a USB stick, watch on my TB in a sofa! ;)

This is what I did for the Wacken 2016 performance... with TOAC and Hallowed.

I will get this for certain, TBOS tour was amazing! Of course TOAC should have been included, pissed about Hallowed (get this shit worked out Legal!). No song from a US show but not surprised. The shows I went to in Ft. Lauderdale and Charlotte were sold out I believe. We show up but US crowds are a pretty reserved bunch, we don't go bonkers like South America/Europe...I would like to see US crowds show more how much they are into it.

I will get this for certain, TBOS tour was amazing! Of course TOAC should have been included, pissed about Hallowed (get this shit worked out Legal!). No song from a US show but not surprised. The shows I went to in Ft. Lauderdale and Charlotte were sold out I believe. We show up but US crowds are a pretty reserved bunch, we don't go bonkers like South America/Europe...I would like to see US crowds show more how much they are into it.

The San Bernardino show this year was nuts. But as I stated before, it's possible they wanted to release the 2016 leg, but they didn't because of the legal reasons, so they just switched TOAC and HBTN. It's also almost impossible to edit and mix a show in 1 month (Steve was on tour in August), so I believe that most of the concert was already done earlier this year.

Back