THE BOOK OF SOULS: LIVE CHAPTER - New Live Album! - November 17th

FWIW Shirley was probably busy with the new Black Country Communion album. Highly doubt there’s any parting ways with him and Maiden.

FWIW Shirley was probably busy with the new Black Country Communion album. Highly doubt there’s any parting ways with him and Maiden.
He isn't. He stated on Trunk that he might be doing an album with Maiden in the future (which probably means they will record this winter or next fall).

http://bravewords.com/news/iron-maiden-eddie-rips-up-the-world-dvd-planned
All I can find is an old Bravewords article about a rumour claiming he was there.

But anyway, P3 used to broadcast lots of concerts like this a while ago. They did Stockholm Stadion in 2003 and Globen 2006 as well.
It was indeed him, there were rumors about it beforehand but he confirmed it afterwards on his diary, as GhostofCain said. I was actually rather surprised to learn about this considering how poor that mix is. I get that live mixing is damn hard, but having Adrian's guitar close to inaudible for large parts of the show still feels more than a little inexcusable.

they never include live releases from the states anymore..... why? Bruce was fire the first show! The energy when the light moved to him over the pit. Ft Lauderdale was nuts and the barrier (where I was) was absolutely insane!

Bruce was fire the first show!
Bruce had one of his weakest nights in Fort Lauderdale. No surprise they didn't include anything from that gig.

Interesting how people can see/hear the exact same thing and come away with something totally different.

The Ft Lauderdale show was interesting, because the first 3-4 songs were good, but then Bruce begun to run out of steam (noticable particulary on TBOS), which is understandable. As a whole the show was under par to the most of performances on the tour. Same thing happened in Vegas and Tulsa.

Not too impressed with Bruce's performance on Speed of Light. Hopefully the rest of the album fares better.

Back