The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got two tickets for the Dortmund show! Eventim is offering tickets two days early, probably some kind of exclusivity deal. Funnily enough, I was born and raised in Dortmund, lived most of my life there, but all Maiden shows I've seen where in neighboring cities. Now that I moved to Essen I'll see them in Dortmund lol

Got two Standing Tickets for Dortmund.
207 Euros ist Kind of steep, but worth given its mY favorite record of all time

Got two tickets for the Dortmund show! Eventim is offering tickets two days early, probably some kind of exclusivity deal. Funnily enough, I was born and raised in Dortmund, lived most of my life there, but all Maiden shows I've seen where in neighboring cities. Now that I moved to Essen I'll see them in Dortmund
The best Currywurst EVER I had at Dortmund Hauptbahnhof.

I wouldn't want to see this show in an open-air venue. The SIT songs need that dark atmosphere that an arena offers. Certainly, if they open with CSIT or do ATG, a dark setting will set the tone. My beef with Maiden England was the first 2 shows I saw of the tour were outside venues. I went back in 2013 hoping Infinite Dreams would be added by then but no indoor venues were near me that tour :(

I wouldn't want to see this show in an open-air venue. The SIT songs need that dark atmosphere that an arena offers. Certainly, if they open with CSIT or do ATG, a dark setting will set the tone. My beef with Maiden England was the first 2 shows I saw of the tour were outside venues. I went back in 2013 hoping Infinite Dreams would be added by then but no indoor venues were near me that tour :(
I never want to see any concert of a band i am really into see open air. Lightshow sucks, sound sucks, maybe weather as well.
LOTB Hannover 2018 was okay, but still.

I never want to see any concert of a band i am really into see open air. Lightshow sucks, sound sucks, maybe weather as well.
LOTB Hannover 2018 was okay, but still.
My experience is a little bit different. I want to experience Maiden ONLY indoors. They are better suited for theater aspect of the show. Darkness, aura of the indoor arena, good visibility etc. Metallica is a different kind of a beast. I watched them two times on Death Magnetic arena tour - had a great time. One time open air in Tallinn, when they played Master of Puppets in full, and one time in Riga stadium. I had equally great time watching them in open air. They pull different strings of your soul. Music of theirs is better suited for big stadiums. Rhythm and crushing riffs. Hypnotizing power, crushing all that cower...

I saw Maiden in Poland, on their legendary Somewhere Back in Time World tour (2008y.) It was a stadium show. I was very far from the stage. I liked the show very much, it was my first Maiden experience. Nonetheless, I had a feeling, that as a stadium experience it was not a 10/10. Wish i had seen them indoors. Also, I have seen Maiden on their Book Of Souls World tour, and three times on LOTB tours - all those shows were indoors. Had a great time. I had greatest time on TBOS tour for some reason. Best setlist, perhaps.

Last edited:
I really hope Maiden will use the 1986 tour poster (and the tour poster for the tour) as a backdrop for this tour... (for CSIT, HCW or for the last song in the set). Awesome artwork! It would be very fitting for the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back